Meet & Greet Tuesday

Happy Tuesday Friends!  I love Tuesdays, because it's one of my favorite blog post days! 
Meet & Greet Tuesday =)  So grab your coffee and let's read about todays highlighted blogger =)


Today's highlighted blogger is Lindsay.  She blogs over at Lindsay's Sweet World.  


Tell us a little bit about yourself.

My name is Lindsay, wife to Brian of 10 years, and Mommy to Jacob (6), and Olivia (3). 


I’m a Georgia Peach with a sweet southern accent and I’ve lived in the south all my life.  I just quit my sales and marketing corporate job of 13 years back in November to be a stay-at-home-mom, so I’m currently in that transition period from career girl to full-time mom.  I love blogging (obviously), reading, live music, wine, decorating, fashion, traveling, crafting, and organizing.  I’m currently cleaning out our entire house, purging, and simplifying our lives for 2018, so if you’re interested in that kind of thing it will be a major focal point on the blog this year.  And you can also follow along in real-time on Instagram stories.  



How long have you been blogging and what inspired you to start blogging?

I started blogging in March 2015 as a creative outlet.  I have kept a diary/journal since I was old enough to write, I have always enjoyed documenting life via photography, and I loved scrapbooking for several years as well.  Scrapbooking was way too time-consuming and it eventually became too much to keep up with, so I found a new way to scrapbook in blogging.  I've also read the blog Garvin & Co.  religiously for years, and Jessica really inspired me to start my own blog.  

How did you come up with the name of your blog?

Remember how I said that I love music?  Well, my favorite band of all-time is Dave Matthews Band.  I’ve loved them since I was twelve years old and I’ve been to 22 of their concerts.  When I started looking for a name for my blog I knew I wanted to use my own name, but I didn’t want to use my full name, so I started looking for other ways to incorporate my first name into a phrase or something else that was catchy.  One of Dave Matthews Band’s oldest songs is called One Sweet World, so I thought it would be fun to use Lindsay’s Sweet World as a nod to them.


Of all your posts you have written, which is your favorite and why?

Oh wow, this is a tough question.  Since I am three years into blogging I am officially 661 posts in, so there is a lot to choose from!  If I had to choose one post that is near and dear to my heart it would be my post that I wrote about my miscarriage eight years ago.  It was, hands down, the worst time of my life, but it was also the time in my life where I learned the most about myself.  Miscarriage has always been sort of taboo and I wrote that post to let other women who have experienced the same loss know that they are not alone.

For something more lighthearted, one of my favorite posts is Olivia’s Pink & Gold First Birthday, which also happens to be my very first blog post ever and also my first post to go viral on Pinterest. 



Another favorite post is How I Wore Something Different Every Single Day for an Entire Year.  (http://www.lindsayssweetworld.com/2017/01/how-i-wore-something-different-every_11.html) In 2016 I decided to wear something different every single day for 366 days and I actually accomplished it so naturally I blogged about it. 

You need some encouragement.  Who is your go to person for a little pick me up?

My Momma.  She always knows exactly what to say and when to say it.  She always knows what I need to hear.

You have friends coming over to dinner tomorrow night.  What are you going to make for a meal?

I’ve been loving my slow cooker lately and I can’t stop thinking about the Beef Stroganoff that I just made a couple of weeks ago, so I’m thinking that would be a strong contender.  I also love White Chicken Chili because it’s tasty and it’s easy to make for a crowd.  I really need to blog about my recipe for that.  It is SO good.

You are planning an evening out.  What's your favorite go-to restaurant for a fun time?

If B and I are on a date night, you will likely find us at one of our local restaurants downtown.  We have several favorites, one of which serves the best filet I’ve ever had in my life, so that would likely be where we would go.  If we are with friends, we always love Mex… you can’t go wrong with queso and margs!


If you could have a weekend away, just you and your husband, where would you go?

Well, we actually just had a weekend getaway back in October, just the two of us, and we went to Nashville.  I think it was one of my favorite trips ever!  We LOVE to travel, so we could end up pretty much anywhere.  New York City at Christmas time is another one of our favorites, and our old standby is VEGAS, BABY!  We used to go there every single year before we had kids, and I miss it terribly.  You can see more about our travels here.  I eventually want to blog about our past travels that occurred before I started blogging!



What are some pet peeves of yours, and why?

I have several pet peeves, and number one on the list is being late.  I absolutely cannot stand being late, so I always make it a point to leave with plenty of time to get to places early.  In my opinion, if you’re not 5-10 minutes early, then you’re late.  What annoys me even more is when other people who are meeting me are late.  Oh goodness, I get frustrated waiting on someone.  Actually another one of my pet peeves is just waiting in general.  I do not like wasting time.  It’s too precious! 

I also can’t stand when people chew with their mouths open.  Hearing people chew has to be one of the most repulsive things ever to me.  Right now both of our kids are in that stage where they both smack like cows when they’re eating and we’re trying diligently to break them of that habit.  Otherwise Momma might go crazy!  ;o)

What's your go to type of music?

I could talk about music all. day. long. so this is quite a tough question to answer.  Obviously my one true love is Dave Matthews Band as I discussed in a previous question, but my musical tastes are extremely eclectic.  I have a little bit of everything in my iTunes library from Taylor Swift (pop) to Led Zeppelin (classic rock) to Claude Debussy (classical) to Frank Sinatra (standards) to Jay-Z (rap) to Blake Shelton (country) to Jagged Edge (R&B) to Aerosmith (rock) to LOADS of Christmas music… I could go on and on. 

A few of my very favorites who I will always buy their albums no matter what are Dave Matthews Band, Ed Sheeran, Justin Timberlake, Taylor Swift, The Lumineers, Phillip Phillips, Blake Shelton, Luke Bryan, Ray LaMontagne, and Michael Buble.



And finally, if I had to pick one genre of music that I couldn’t live without it would have to be the old standards – Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Rod Stewart’s songbooks, Michael Buble, Steve Tyrell, Tony Bennett, and any type of old-school string quartet jazz.  If I am ever down and need an instant mood-booster, old standards are the perfect medicine.  They are just so light-hearted and happy, how could you not love them?

What's your idea of the perfect family day?

The perfect family day for me would be grabbing donuts for breakfast and then heading out for some kind of day trip somewhere – to a Georgia football game, to the zoo, to the aquarium, to a pumpkin patch (in the fall), or to a city nearby to go exploring.  Then in the evening we would head home and all pile on the couch in our PJs with snuggly blankets and watch a movie by the fire... and don’t forget the popcorn! 

******************************************

Thank you SO much Lindsay for allowing me to interview you!!  I hope you all enjoyed getting to know Lindsay =)  Make sure to hop on over to her blog and visit!!

Happy Tuesday!!



No comments