Instant Pot

Happy Wednesday Friends!  I hope you are settling into 2018 well!  I think I will be until at least March writing 2017 on everything!  Isn't that the way it always is. 

One of my top gifts for Christmas that I really wanted was an Instant Pot.  Raise your hand if you got one!  It's funny because scrolling through Facebook or Instagram, I think everyone got one.  I'm not going to lie, I was super excited when I unwrapped mine Christmas morning.  I really wanted to make something right then and there.  But I waited a couple of days.  I thought I would share my recipes once we tried them out and if we liked them =)

The first thing I wanted to try was a chicken and rice bowl of some sort.  I have a love for Chipotle's chicken burrito bowls so I wanted to try and recreate it.  

I started by sautéing a medium sized red onion with a little bit of olive oil in the bottom of my Instant Pot.  I love that this is a one pot meal!  


I then added a tablespoon of garlic, the juice of one lime squeezed in there.  A dash of cumin powder, chili powder, and onion powder, and salt.  I didn't measure, just a dash of all. A handful of chopped cilantro.  I added 1 cup of uncooked white rice, 2 cups of chicken broth, and mixed it all up.   I also added about 1 cup of frozen roasted corn.  I then placed 3 chicken breasts on top.  

Set your Instant Pot to High Pressure for 10 minutes, and it's DONE.  Like your entire meal done in 10 minutes!



I took the chicken breasts out and chopped them up.


We put this in wraps on this particular evening, but the following day for lunch I made a salad out of it.

It's delicious and full of fresh flavor.


Last night I tried a pot roast in it.  I didn't take any photos, but it was great, and the entire meal was done in 30 minutes.

I am pretty sure this is going to become my new BFF.  I love that I can have a good dinner on the table for my family on busy evenings.

So do you have an Instant Pot?  If you do, what are your favorite recipes?  

Have a great day!!

No comments