Instant Pot {Mac & Cheese}

You guys, I am obsessed with my Instant Pot.  Can you tell?  So like I have mentioned, when I find a recipe that my family loves, I am going to share it with you =)


I love homemade mac & cheese.  But I'm picky about it.  I absolutely hate velveeta.  The look and texture of it just grosses me out, and a lot of recipes call for it.  I have a great recipe for a baked Macaroni & Cheese which you can find HERE.  But if you have an instant pot, and you need a quick, and I mean quick meal for your family, then you have come to the right place.


Ingredients:

1 lb Elbow Macaroni
4 tbsp butter
4 cups water
2 tsp dry ground mustard
2 tsp kosher or sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 cup evaporated milk
8 oz sharp cheddar cheese
8 oz monterey jack cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
(the recipe didn't call for the garlic powder and onion powder but I added it just for a little more flavor)



Directions:

Add macaroni, butter, water, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder to your Instant Pot.  Secure the lid, select manual, and high pressure for 4 minutes.  




Once complete, use a quick release.  Open lid and check that the pasta is completely cooked.  If it's not, then select your saute option and cook until pasta is cooked.

Add in evaporated milk and all of the cheeses.  Mix until creamy.  Add any extra salt to taste.


And that my friends is IT!  Done.  You can have a homemade mac & cheese for your family in 4 minutes =)  I'm obsessed with this machine.  

If you decide to try it, let me know.  I would love to know your thoughts on it! 

Have a great day =)

Linking up today for Welcome Wednesday

Whitney at Polka-Dotty Place / Bloglovin / Facebook / Instagram / Pinterest / Twitter 
Keri at Keri Lynn Synder / Faceobok / Instagram / Twitter / Pinterest 
Sarah at Sarah E. Frazer / Facebook / Instagram / Twitter / Pinterest 


No comments