Instant Pot {Beef Stroganoff}

So I promised when I made a new Instant Pot recipe, if it was any good I would share it.  I started a Pinterest board of recipes I want to try because there are just so many of them.  So I found a recipe for Beef Stroganoff, and decided to give it a try.  This was a HUGE hit in our house the other night.  





So here is what you need:


2 tablespoons butter
2 pounds beef stew meat sliced into bite sized pieces
1/4 cup flour
1 small onion chopped
3 cloves of garlic minced
1 cup beef broth
3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
8 ounces sour cream
1 tablespoon spicy mustard
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce 
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
16 oz. package of egg noodles cooked

Instructions:

In a large ziplock bag, toss together flour, salt and pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and meat until evenly coated.

2. Set your Instant Pot to Saute setting and add butter.  Add beef and cook for about 3-5 minutes until beef is browned on each side.



3.  Add onion and garlic and cook for about 2 more minutes.
Scoop our beef with slotted spoon and set aside.


4.  Add beef broth and Worcestershire sauce.  Then de-glaze the pan.  
Scrape with a wire whisk to get all of the browned bits off.

5.  Add beef back in.

6.  Place the lid on the Instant Pot.  Select the "Meat/Stew" setting and set the timer for 35 minutes.  Make sure the pressure release valve is in the sealing position.



7. When done, quick release the pressure valve.  Open the lid and add sour cream, spicy mustard and mushrooms.


8.  Stir and let simmer for about 10 minutes or until the mushrooms are cooked through.  Add more salt, pepper to taste.

9.  Serve over egg noodles.  


This meal was delicious, and SO easy.  I love a one pot meal.  Well besides the egg noodles, those you have to boil separately but that was easy peasy.  I suppose if you didn't want to use steak for this you could use hamburg as well.  Although I think I would prefer this with steak.  

Do you have any Instant Pot Recipes you or your family loves?  If so, I would love to hear them!
Have a great day!


No comments