Recipe Club {Creamy Chicken and Corn Chowder}

Happy Wednesday all! =)  Today is Recipe day, so join me and Heather and linkup with a favorite recipe! 


Today I am sharing a new to us recipe.  Creamy Chicken and Corn Chowder.


It was delicious and fairly simple to make.  And a side note...it made a lot!



First melt your butter in your pot and saute your onions and peppers.  This particular night I forgot to pick up a red pepper at the store.  Whoops!


Then add your garlic and saute for about 30 seconds, and then add the flour to the mix.


You will want to cook this for 2-3 minutes.  You want to cook the flour taste out of it.  Then you will add your 6 cups of chicken broth.


And then your diced potatoes and bay leaves.


And then this is where my pictures of how to make it stop.  I had to run to get Emma from swim and Brian took pictures for me...but they were blurry, ha! =) 

Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until the potatoes are tender.  Add the chicken, corn, and half and half and simmer for 10-15 minutes.  
Garnish with crumbled bacon and green onions.


It's so creamy and just oh so delicious.  But like I said...it makes a ton.  We all had a bowl of it and we have so much left over still.  Lots of leftovers =) 

If you have a recipe to share, be sure to link up below!! =)