SkiEsta

Happy Tuesday Friends =)  So last week I was missing from the blogging world because Brian and I were out of town for a wedding.  It was almost 4 hours from home, and I am so thankful that my mom came and stayed at our house with the girls.  And it was also so nice to get away for a couple of days just Brian and I.  
So the wedding was in the middle of the week.  A Wednesday to be exact.  Unusual for a wedding to be in the middle of the week, but it worked!  And when you work in law enforcement...sometimes you just have to do things when you are both off from work.  Our friends that got married are both police officers, in neighboring towns.  Brian and I headed out bright and early Tuesday morning.





The car ride there was long, but it was peaceful.  No kids in the backseat screaming! Ha!  The place we stayed at is called the SkiEsta.  All I have to say about this place is Amazing.  Simply amazing.  Basically it's a huge mansion that our friends rented out for the week, and we all stayed there.  Plus they were married right there.  There were 16 bedrooms.  Every bedroom had it's own bathroom.  Plus there were numerous guest bathrooms located all around the house.  A movie theatre, indoor pool, sauna, steam room, a full chefs kitchen, plus another kitchen in the lower portion of the house, 6 hot tubs (including one on the roof), propane fire pits, pool table and I'm sure I am missing some other things.  So we drove to the top of a mountain and once at the top, this was the view we were greeted to.




I honestly was like a little kid.  Squeeling with excitement!  But honestly, all of us adults were! ha!


This was the view from next to our bedroom.


We hung around the house, played pool and just relaxed.

 
That evening we all went out to dinner.  I'm not sure why because we could have cooked a pretty amazing meal right in the kitchen.  I forgot to take a picture of the kitchen, so I stole this from their website.


Dinner was a lot of fun.  We got to know both our friends extended family a bit better.  It was nice to sit relax and have a couple of drinks.


That night we sat around the fire pit and laughed....and laughed some more.  

 
I need to convince Brian to get me one of these propane fire pits!  What a genius idea!!

The next morning we were up pretty early.  We sat out on the deck with coffee and friends.


The views were spectacular.  The mountain you see is Sunday River Mountain, and it's a ski resort in the winter.


Brian with his best friend, Justin, the groom =)


Can I just move into this place?!?! haha =)

Before the wedding, all the guys did shots and played pool.


And then it was wedding time.  They hired a photographer, but due to unfortunate events, the photographer had to cancel on them.  So they asked if I would take some photos for them.  Now let me tell you...I am far from a professional photographer, but I did my best.






I wish these two a lifetime of happiness and love.  This was one of the most relaxed but fun weddings we have been to in a very long time.  And isn't she stunning!  We are all used to seeing them both in police uniforms all the time, and I told them both they clean up very nicely ;)
We had so so much fun.  I really didn't want to come home.  I wanted to stay until the end of the week, but I think the girls would have missed us.  Okay, who am I kidding?!  I would have missed them!!  =)

Hope you all have a great Tuesday! 
Linking up with the ladies of Tuesday Talk =)

Stephanie at Wife Mommy Me | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram 
 Becky at BYBMG | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram