Happy Tuesday Friends! It's Meet and Greet Tuesday, and I am SO excited to share with you todays blogger, Jen from The Bolin Bunch. So grab a coffee and let's read more about Jen!
Tell us a little bit
about yourself.
Hello, friends! I am Jen and the face behind The Bolin Bunch
blog. I have been married to my high
school sweetheart, Chris, for almost 14 years.
We have two beautiful girls together, Elizabeth and Emily. Elizabeth is 11 and in 5th grade
and Emily is almost 10 and in the 4th grade. I am an 8th grade math teacher
and assistant volleyball coach at our local middle school and love everything
about my job! I love Jesus and hope to
share His love with others as best I can.
In my free time, I love reading, being outside, and blogging.
How long have you been
blogging and what inspired you to start blogging?
I have only been blogging for a
little over a year. I always enjoyed
reading other blogs and thought I should start one to help document my life,
but felt inadequate and didn’t know if anyone would be interested in following
along with me. I finally just decided to
do it and didn’t care if I had any followers or not. I wanted to create a space where the girls
could look back on and our families far away could keep up with us. I regret not blogging sooner when the girls
were younger! I have found that blogging
has helped me feel myself and I love having a space where I can write down what
I’m feeling. I have also met so many
wonderful people through blogging! You
all are the BEST!
How did you come up
with the name of your blog?
I really have no idea! HA I
was more worried about having a name that flowed and something that people
remembered easily.
Of all your posts you
have written, which is your favorite and why?
Oh, man, this is a tough
question. I love documenting our normal
day to day life and also doing weekend recaps, but my favorite post has to be
about my dad when he passed away. It was
such an emotional post to write and one that captured my grief and memories of
my dad so well. Find it here.
You need some
encouragement. Who is your go to person for a little pick me up?
I am blessed with great people
around me. Chris is truly my best friend
and the one I share every detail with. I
would also say my mom, sister, and friend, Cassie, are my go-tos when I need to
rant or a little encouragement. Also,
God is only the one that can give peace and comfort in trying times. He is the best friend you could ever have if
you allow Him!
You have friends
coming over to dinner tomorrow night. What are you going to
make for a meal?
Is eating out an option?? Just
joking! I would probably make Andrea’s
pulled pork from Momfessionals with my sister’s famous baked beans, a side
salad, and Chris’s favorite Heath bar cake for dessert.
You are planning an
evening out. What's your favorite go-to restaurant for a fun time?
My favorite place to eat is Texas
Roadhouse. Give me all the steak and
rolls! Yummy!
If you could have a
weekend away, just you and your husband, where would you go?
My ideal destination would be
somewhere warm with a beach. But, being
a realistic, if it was only a weekend, I would love to go up to St. Louis, stay
in a nice hotel, eat dinner out, catch a Cardinals game, and walk around Forest
Park.
What are some pet
peeves of yours, and why?
*I can’t stand when you can hear people chew their food
* I don’t like when girls have their nails painted and some
are chipped
* When drivers don’t use their blinker
·
When someone (Chris) sits their cup in the sink and not in
the dishwasher that is right next to the sink.
I will stop there…this made me realize I have a lot of pet
peeves!
What's your go to type
of music?
I like a lot of different types of
music. Praise and worship music is my
favorite, pop is a close second, and then country music is my third
choice. Southern Gospel and 90’s boy
bands are usually in my mix of music too.
I guess I should say anything but heavy metal or rap.
What's your idea of
the perfect family day?
We would sleep in, have a big
breakfast, go to Current River all day and eat Snappy’s Pizza on a gravel bar,
come back home and order Mexican as take out for supper, watch a movie cuddled
up together on the couch and go to bed early.
A great mixture of rest and fun!
Being together is the most important thing, no matter what we do!
Favorite Scripture
verse and why?
Chris and I have been through a lot
of trying times lately. I lost my dad
last summer, his mom was diagnosed with colon cancer, and our daughter was
diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. This was
all within a 6 month time span.
Every year, we pick a Scripture to
focus on as a family. Last year it was
Philippians 4:8.
This year, we have chosen Joshua
1:9, “Have I not commanded you? Be
strong and courageous. Do not be afraid;
do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
We are definitely learning to trust
God, stay strong in His Word, and believe everything will work out for
good.
Best advice you would
give to a new blogger?
Don’t pay attention to stats. It doesn’t matter how many people read your
blog, how many followers you have, or how many comments you get on a post. Post whatever is on your heart and be proud
of your blog posts!
Find a great group of blogging
friends and support them fiercely. I
have found wonderful people who I love dearly in the blogging community and
they have become great friends and prayer partners.
Lastly, if you are a veteran
blogger, find a “newbie” blogger like myself and encourage them or help
“promote” their blog to others.
Sometimes blogging is overwhelming and it’s nice to have a little friend
guide and help you along the way.
Thank you so much Johannah for
interviewing me! I am humbled at the
opportunity!
********************************************************************************************************************
Thank you Jen for allowing me to interview you! It was fun getting to know more about you!!
I hope you all have a great Tuesday!!
I hope you all have a great Tuesday!!











No comments