Happy Tuesday Friends! Tuesdays are one of my favorite days of blogging! It's the day I get to share with you a fellow blogger! Today I am interviewing Beth from Our Pretty Little Girls =)
Tell us a little bit about yourself.
Hello friends! I am Beth a 30-something, stay at home turned home-school mom living in southwest Missouri. I've been married to my husband Russell for over 10 years and we have two girls. Marissa, 9 and Emily, 6. We are currently in the process of building a home, something we swore we'd never do again, on some acreage we recently purchased. We are hoping to have things complete by the spring of 2018, but doing a huge chunk of the work ourselves is taking a lot of time.
How long have you been blogging and what inspired you to start blogging?
My 4 year blogiversary and 1,000th post are coming up in just a few weeks. I originally started my blog as a keepsake/ family diary.
How did you come up with the name of your blog?
I have no clue #lololol! Originally I was just trying to think of who/what I wanted to share about. I have since strongly considered re-branding my space to OPLG, but I worry about the work of making the change and haven't wanted to deal with it.
Of all your posts you have written, which is your favorite and why?
I think it has to be this one. https://ourprettylittlegi rls.com/2014/05/may-22nd-3- yeas-later-oh-how-he-loves-us. html/
For years after the tornado I really, really struggled and dealt with PTSD. Writing this post was therapy for me and really helped me to work through some things emotionally.
You need some encouragement. Who is your go to person for a little pick me up?
I have two people I regularly turn to, Anna & Stephanie. Both know me really well and always seem to know exactly what to say, or what truth to remind me of
You have friends coming over to dinner tomorrow night. What are you going to make for a meal?
This is a tricky one. I would probably go with some kind of pasta dish. We LOVE pasta, especially lasagna. I think I am MUCH better at baking than cooking though. I once was told I bake like a goddess. Best compliment ever!
You are planning an evening out. What's your favorite go-to restaurant for a fun time?
What is an evening out? Ha! Kidding, kind of... Lately our go-to has been Chilis. This may seem pretty boring for some people, but Joplin just got a Chilis a little over a year ago. We also have what I am convinced is the best wing restaurant ever, Hacketts Hot Wings. If you are ever in the area, you HAVE to go.
If you could have a weekend away, just you and your husband, where would you go?
Easy! Eureka Springs, AR. We were married there 10.5 years ago and since our wedding we haven't gone back. I would love to take a weekend trip together and revisit the park that we were married in.
What are some pet peeves of yours, and why?
Most of mine stem from my OCD tendencies. My type A personality often gets the best of me. I also can't stand it when people complain about things, but refuse to change. Ex: "I'm so broke".... Then goes and buys #allthethings.
What's your go to type of music?
I am quite eclectic in the music department. The only thing I never listen to is Heavy Metal. Other than that, crank it up.
What's your idea of the perfect family day?
Finding the rare, perfect balance between laziness and fun. It often feels like we are too busy or too lazy. Those days that we find just the right balance always leave me smiling and wishing for more.
**********
Thank you SO much Beth for allowing me to interview you!
I hope you all have a great day!!
I hope you all have a great day!!



No comments