hello...Monday

Happy Monday Friends!  This is one Monday that I don't mind at all!  It's Presidents Day, and I have the day off =)  I'm recapping our weekend today.  I hope you will grab our graphic and join myself, Heather and Lindsay and link up your Monday post with us today.

We had a great weekend.  A little mix between busy and relaxing.  Friday evening after work, we took the girls to dinner.  Emma loves Mexican food, so we ended up at our favorite Mexican restaurant.


After dinner we headed home and watched the Olympics and we were all in bed pretty early except Brian.  He had to work the overnight.  

Saturday morning I went and got breakfast out for the girls and I.


We let Brian sleep until around noon and then we headed out living room furniture shopping.  We brought the girls with us to one furniture store and Alyx was a nightmare there! HA!  Brian and I had plans that evening and his parents were keeping the girls overnight.  So we dropped them off in the afternoon, and we headed back out looking for new furniture.



Picking new furniture is HARD work.  It's something that we plan on having for a long time and we don't want to spend money on something that isn't going to last.  I think we went to 5 or 6 different places.  
We decided on leather furniture.  And while we haven't ordered yet, these are our contenders.




We definitely want Brown Leather.  The one Brian is sitting in is actually the black version of it.
We are going to give it another week or so and then maybe we/I can finally make a decision.

Saturday evening we headed out to dinner just me and Brian.


We were going to go to a steakhouse for dinner...however the high school basketball tournaments were in town and we literally couldn't get a table at any restaurants at all.  I was bummed, but we ended up at a really delicious Chinese restaurant.


The amount of leftovers we had was insane.

After dinner we went and did a little shopping, and then headed back home.  We watched some Olympic speed skating and snowboarding.  We've been glued to the TV since the Olympics started.



Yesterday morning was so strange.  Brian and I were able to enjoy our morning coffee in complete silence.  No kids yelling, whining etc.


We went and picked the girls up around 10:00, and then at 11:30 we dropped Emma back off with my inlaws.  They are heading to their timeshare for the week and Emma went with them.  It's School Vacation week for Emma's school.  She was excited to spend time with her cousins and swim in the pool there.  Alyx was bummed she had to stay home, but I'm not so sure she would do well without me around for a week ;) 
We headed out grocery shopping and she was SO good and was having fun at the store.




We played outside when we got home since the temps were pretty good!



We had dinner and then you guessed it...watched more Olympics.  We also got caught up on the Waco TV show.  We absolutely have loved the series.  


It was a chilly evening so we also enjoyed a fire.

I hope you all had a great weekend as well!!
See you back here tomorrow =)



   
   

No comments