hello...Monday

Happy Monday Friends!!
I hope you had a great weekend!  I'm recapping our weekend, and I hope you will grab our graphic and join us!


Every February my side of our family gets together for just a weekend away.  It started about 15 years ago, and we look forward to it every single year.  Friday we took Emma out of school and we left early afternoon.
We stopped and met up with some of my family for lunch.  Our girls were starving on the way there, so we ended up stopping and getting them something quick.  So once we got to the restaurant we just had drinks and dessert.






Brian and I shared this yummy fish bowl drink.  And honestly I have no idea what was in it, but it was delicious!

As soon as we got to our hotel, the girls were begging to go swimming.  So we let them.


While the girls swam, I enjoyed wine and watching them.



The view from our balcony at our hotel was beautiful. It's right on the ocean.  I was hoping for a pretty sunset, but we didn't get one.

That evening we ordered dinner from the restaurant in the hotel and hung out in our room to watch the opening ceremonies of the Olympics.


The next morning we had breakfast at our hotel.  I love hotels that have free breakfast the next morning.  Aren't those the best!




We hung out back in the room for a little while watching the Olympics and drinking some coffee.


It was so relaxing.

It was pretty snowy Saturday morning and you couldn't even see
the ocean.


Brian stayed back at the hotel with the girls and I went shopping with my mom and aunts.  
We ended up meeting up for lunch with everyone.

Brian and Emma split the Fishermans platter, and it looked so good!  They said it was delicious.





We headed out shopping again to downtown in the town we were staying.
This town is so cute, and I loved all the shops.


After we headed back to the hotel and met up with my cousin and her two kiddos and they all went swimming again.




The rest of the evening was spent in the hotel lobby with tons of yummy food and drinks.  


We had a great time laughing, hanging out and of course, all the great food everyone brought and the drinks.

Alyx was SO tired by the time we got back to our room that she crashed pretty much as soon as she crawled into bed.


And of course yesterday morning we had breakfast again at the hotel.



It was such a fun weekend and I already can't wait for next year to do it again.  We headed back home around 9:30.  We were home by noonish.  I did grocery shopping, laundry, made school lunches and then took a nap. ha!  

I hope you all had a great weekend as well.  Make sure to link up below with myself, Heather and Lindsay!!

Happy Monday =)


   
   

No comments