Happy Monday Friends! Whew. I am some tired this morning. We got home late yesterday afternoon from a trip to Boston and it was amazing! I'm recapping it today, and I hope you will grab our graphic and linkup with myself and Heather today and share your post =)
So I will for-warn you now. Picture overload today!
Saturday morning we woke up bright and early, and drove the kids to my in-laws. And then we were on the road by 7:30 for Bean town!
We were so ready to get there. It was just about 4 hours for us to drive from our house to our hotel which was right outside of Boston.
We stayed in a town called Medford, and the area we were in was really cute and it seemed like a nice little town!
Hello Boston skyline! =)
We checked into our hotel, and it was so nice. We stayed at the AC Boston by Marriott.
Emma would have loved it. The bathroom had a rain shower, and well now I want a rain shower at our house! HA! =)
We hadn't been in the room for 2 minutes and the phone rang. Brian picked it up and it was the front desk letting us know that a package had arrived for us. I was like whatttt? Nobody other than our parents knew where we were staying.
We walked down the lobby and were handed this WB Mason bag.
Inside was all kinds of Red Sox stuff! A David Ortiz and Dustin Pedroia bobble heads, a WB Mason Truck and Red Sox hats. My moms good friend owns a big advertising company in Boston and they do a lot of the adds for the team. She told him we were going to a game and where we were staying and he hooked us up!
We hung out in the room for just a little bit, freshened up and then headed towards the T. The T is Boston's subway system. We chose not to drive into the City and instead took the T.
Waiting for the train =)
It took about 30 minutes or so for us to get from our Hotel into the City.
First thing we saw when we walked up from the T, the big Citgo sign. It's pretty famous in the Boston/Red Sox area.
We were both starving by this point so we opted to try a sports bar right outside of Fenway Park.
The place was called Cask 'n Flagon. You guys, it was SO good. Brian had the burger and I had the pizza. Oh my delicious!
The game didn't start until 7:10, and we ate around 2 so we had a lot of time on our hands. We stayed right in the Fenway area and just walked around.
And then there it was! Yawkey Way! This area of Fenway is SO fun! There are tons of food carts, and the biggest Red Sox store ever! I could have bought one of everything there =)
We then got in line to enter the park early to watch Bating practice. We are members of Red Sox Nation and that allows you into the park about 2 hours prior to game time.
We then got in line to enter the park early to watch Bating practice. We are members of Red Sox Nation and that allows you into the park about 2 hours prior to game time.
The first thing we did when we got into the park is headed up on top of the Green Monster.
I can't even describe the feeling you get when you step inside Fenway. It's the oldest Ballpark in the country and there are just so many stories from this one ballpark. The history, and traditions here are just so awesome! If you've never seen the Movie Fever Pitch, then you totally should. Then you may get what all the hype about Red Sox and Fenway is about. It's really unlike any game or ballpark you will ever go to.
The wall behind us, that's the Green Monster. I told Brian someday we will have seats atop there someday. Someday! ha!
The Red Sox just so happened to be playing the New York Yankees. Can I get a big thumbs down on that one? Haha
But as much as I dislike the Yankees, I still had to take a picture of Aaron Judge.
I guess he's a pretty good baseball player. That's what I hear anyway ;)
We took a lot of selfies =)
So back in 2013 David Ortiz hit a Grand Slam in game 2 of the ALCS. The ball ended up in the Bullpen and one of the Detroit Tigers went falling over the bull pen and all you saw were feet...and right next to him was a Boston Police Officer cheering on our Red Sox.
This was the picture. And look who we just happen
to see at the game we were at =)
How fun it was to see him! And what a riot that he put his hands up just like he did when Ortiz got the grand slam!!
Before the game started they did a tribute to the Jimmy Fund. Tim Wakefield, Jason Varitek and Pedro Martinez were there.
And then it was game time!!
The starting pitchers for both teams.
We love Chris Sale and I was so excited he was pitching this game!
And our MOST favorite player....Mookie Betts! Well, we love him, but maybe not as much as Alyx does!
So we lost 3-4 but the game was still a blast to go to! The Sox won Friday nights game and Sunday afternoons game, so they took the series and they are still ahead in 1st place by 5 games so that's good!! =)
Sunday morning we slept in until 10:00, which was amazing, and then we started heading home. We got home around 4:30.
We bought both girls a new Red Sox t-shirt, and I was ecstatic to find one that actually said Mookie on the back and not his last name of Betts. So they each got one. Alyx was SOOO excited. But unfortunately when we got home she wasn't feeling good at all.
She ended up falling asleep on the couch wearing her Mookie shirt. I think i'm going to have a hard time taking it off her to wash =)
Lastly today. I have a second post up today that is a GIVEWAY!! Be sure to check it out, and you just might win!!! If you click on the word giveaway, it will direct you to the post!
I hope you all had a great weekend as well!! Be sure to link up below!!
Lastly today. I have a second post up today that is a GIVEWAY!! Be sure to check it out, and you just might win!!! If you click on the word giveaway, it will direct you to the post!
I hope you all had a great weekend as well!! Be sure to link up below!!































No comments