Daily Dime {A Day in the Life}

There is something about Day in the Life posts that I just love.  Maybe it's because I am nosey and I love to see how everyone goes about their day.  You get a sneak peak into someones life for a moment.
Today I am linking up with the Daily Dime, for a Day in our life.

I chose yesterday to document.  Our day is a bit boring because it's still summer vacation for Emma, and it was a normal work day for me.

5:30 am my alarm went off.  I'm so thankful to be able to sleep an hour later than I have been in years past.


I always set 2 alarms, just in-case the first one doesn't go off.  But, I always always wake up before my alarm goes off.  I really couldn't tell you the last time I actually heard my alarm go off.  

I started a cup of coffee before I hit the shower.  Coffee is a must in the mornings.  Ok in the afternoons too ;) 


After my shower I caught up on some news.


And then it was time to wake the girls.  That's never an 
easy task!
Mornings when Brian is at work, the girls go to my in-laws.  So this morning Brian wasn't getting home until a little after 7:00 and I have to be at work at 7:00, so I had to wake them up.


Alyx managed to crawl out of bed and make it to the couch before promptly falling back asleep.  Emma however, I went in to her room I think 4 times to wake her up.  Sleepy girls!

Finally they both woke up and we made it to my in-laws.  Good thing is neither of them had to get dressed so they stayed in their pj's.


Both girls were dropped off and then I stopped to get
a coffee for work.  Gotta love Dunkin'!


I forgot something at home so I went back real quick.
I took the picture on the left just as I pulled out of my driveway, and then the one on the right I took just as I pulled into work.


It took me 1 minute to drive to work!
I love it! ha =)
From 7am to 11:20 I worked.  And then it was time for lunch.  Normally I bring lunch with me, but Brian told me I really needed to try the new Mediterranean Chicken wrap from Subway.  So I walked down there grabbed it and headed back to my office to eat.


It was delicious.  It's rotisserie chicken, feta cheese and a Tzatzki sauce.  I added lettuce, tomato and black olives to it.  I love it that I can actually leave for lunch.  At my last job, we didn't get a lunch break.  We were exempt from the "mandatory" breaks because of it being Public Safety.  But now, I can leave and go to lunch of bring it back to my office.

From around Noon to 3:30 I worked and did a lot of organizing of files and what not.  At 3:30 I went and picked Alyx up from daycare, and Emma from my in-laws.  Emma spent the day with my brother in law and his kiddos at the lake swimming.
After I got them both we headed to Hobby Lobby.


Can I just have one of everything in the store please?!?  Ugh.  Right now they have so many nice things, that I wish I could have just bought it all =)

At Hobby Lobby we were right next door to Buffalo Wild Wings, so the girls and I had dinner there.  On Wednesdays they have $1.99 kids meals!  Score!


We headed home after, I did 2 loads of laundry and then I settled in
to watch what else?
The Red Sox!


The Red Sox ended up sweeping the Cardinals!  They won the game 4-5 =)
The girls were in bed and asleep by 8:30, until Emma called out to me that she was sick =(  Poor girl!

So there is a sneak peek in to a boring day around here!

Have a great Thursday Friends!!

No comments