Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins

Happy Tuesday =)  It's not Recipe Club day, but I am sharing a recipe.  I don't know about you, but Blueberry muffins bring me right back to my childhood.  The smell of them reminds me of Sunday mornings waking up to them.  I can't tell you the last time I made them.  It must have been years ago.  The other day, Alyx came home from daycare telling me she had a blueberry muffin that day.  She is the pickiest eater ever, and I thought there is no way you ate a blueberry muffin kid! ha!  So I texted our daycare lady, and sure enough she told me Alyx ate the entire thing!  So I called my mom up and asked her for her recipe she uses. This recipe is really old.  And it's delicious!




Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 1/2 cups blueberries
  • Equal mixture of white sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon mixed together.  About 1/2 cup.
 Instructions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a standard 12-cup muffin tin; or line the tin with papers, and grease the papers.
  2. In a medium-sized bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until well combined.
  3. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl and beating well after each addition.
  4. Beat in the baking powder, salt, and vanilla.
  5. Add the flour alternately with the milk, beating gently just to combine. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl.
  6. Add the blueberries to the batter, stirring just to combine and distribute.
  7. Scoop the batter by the heaping 1/4-cupful into the prepared muffin pan; a muffin scoop works well here.
  8. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of the sugar mixture atop each muffin, if desired. It's traditional — go for it!
  9. Bake the muffins for about 30 minutes, until they're light golden brown on top, and a toothpick inserted into the middle of one of the center muffins comes out clean.
  10. Remove the muffins from the oven, loosen their edges from the pan, and after about 5 minutes transfer them to a rack to cool.
  11. Yield: 12 muffins.
    And I totally failed to get a picture of them when they came out of the oven.  They are so fluffy and full of flavor.  Alyx LOVED them!  

    If you try them, I hope you will enjoy them as much as we do =)

    Linking up today with the ladies of Tuesday Talk.



    Crystal at Hall Around Texas | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram 
    Stephanie at Wife Mommy Me | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
    Becky at BYBMG | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
    Christina at Waltzing In Beauty | Pinterest | Instagram