Our Love Story

1.  How long have you and your significant other been together?

I met Brian in 2005, so we have been together for 7 years now =)

2.  How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}

It’s kind of a funny story.  I was on my way home from work one night.  It was around 10:30 at night.  I stopped at a gas station, pumped my gas and then went inside to pay.  As I was standing there waiting in line, 2 police officers came in.  I knew one of them, but didn’t know who the other one was.  I talked to the one I knew for just a second and then left.  The officer I spoke to never introduced me to the other officer he was with.  The next day I went to work where I’m a dispatcher and I told one of my co-workers about this guy I saw last night, but was never introduced.  She knew immediately who I was talking about.  She told me his name was Brian.  I told her that I thought he was really cute! =)  A few nights later I was on my way home from work again.  I was driving through the next town over from where I work and all of a sudden I saw blue lights behind me.  I was sooo mad because I knew that I had to have been speeding.  Next thing I knew, the officer aka Brian was at my window.  He smiled and said oh, it’s you!  I kind of laughed and he told me to slow down and then I went on my way.  I couldn’t stop thinking about him!  Thennn, the next night at work I noticed that he was working as well.  He came down to the office where I work that night to pick up paperwork and we ended up talking for quite a long time.  Then we started talking on the phone and emailing.  About 2 weeks after officially meeting him I asked him jokingly if he wanted to go on vacation with me to Florida.  He said yes without even pausing! =)  We indeed went on that trip to Florida and the rest is history!  He’s such an amazing guy!!! =)

3.   If married, how long have you been married?

We were married on June 30, 2006.  So it will be 5 years this year. =)

4.    If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?

We were married here in central Maine at a place called Morgan Hill Event Center.  It was a good size wedding.  We had a little over 200 guests there.  I had 5 Bridesmaids, 5 groomsman, 1 junior bridesmaid, 2 flowergirls and 1 ringbearer! 

5.   Do you have any nick-names that you call one another?

 We honestly don’t have any specific nick-names.  Brian tends to call me Jo and I call him Bri.

6.  Name 3 things you love most about your honey.

He is so much a family oriented man
He is funny
And he likes to go shopping with me =)


7. Tell us how he proposed?

Brian proposed to me on a horse and carriage ride in December of 2005 in New York City.  I was soooo surprised and not expecting it what so ever!!!  It was so romantic! =)

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?

Brian is definitely more of a flowers and jewelry type of guy =)

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?

Definitely a movie at home relaxing!


10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day.

We would both love to go somewhere out of the country.  And not to Canada! Haha We border Canada and have been there numerous times

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.


Since Valentines day passed before I could post this, we stayed home.  Brian bought us lobsters and clams for dinner, and we had a great relaxing family night at home =)

12. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.

To be honest with one another.  You need to put your family first.  Life is too short.  Love Love Love =)


14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.

My little family of 3 is what love means to me.  I can't imagine my life without either of them.  My life is better with them in it.  They are both the loves of my life.
I hope everyone had an amazing Valentines Day! =)