I love this series that the ladies from The Blended Blog host monthly. And this one has me excited because the questions are all about Summer! I am SO ready for summer to arrive here in the North East. We've had some gorgeous spring days, but i'm ready for those hot summer days. The ones we long for all winter long =)
Walk or Bike Ride
Definitely walk. Although, I have been contemplating getting a bike. Emma got a new bike a couple of weeks ago and I got on it and it was like I just rode one yesterday!
Favorite Picnic Food
Pasta salad! There are SO many variations of pasta salads and it's always so fun to go to a picnic or BBQ and see what people put in their salads.
I posted this one a while back.
I posted this one a while back.
You can find the recipe for it HERE.
Pool or Lake
This one is a no brainer for me. Pool. I don't like getting in water and not being able to see the bottom and know exactly what I am stepping on. And if something touches my leg, that's it! I'm out! ha!
But with that said, I do love spending time at the lake at our camp. Sitting on the shore or paddling around in the kayak is a blast to me.
Favorite Flavor of Ice Cream
It will always be chocolate. I hate vanilla ice cream with a passion. It's just so blah. Brian and the girls love it though. The only other flavor that I really do love is Black Raspberry. We have a local ice cream shoppe that makes a homemade black raspberry ice cream and it tastes just like summer!
Flip Flops or Slides
Flip flops. I have been contemplating getting a pair of Birkenstocks. But I didn't want to spend the money on them if I wasn't going to like them. I found a pair of knock off at SAMs and I absolutely LOVE them!!!
I may invest in a pair of real birks soon!
Jean shorts of Jean Capris
Definately jean capris. I like jean shorts, but I prefer a chino type short.
Definately jean capris. I like jean shorts, but I prefer a chino type short.
Favorite Summer Fruit
Watermelon! Whenever I see watermelon I immediately think of hot summer days. It's the best summertime fruit =)
Watermelon! Whenever I see watermelon I immediately think of hot summer days. It's the best summertime fruit =)
Corn on the cob or Cut off the cob
When I was little I loved to eat it right off the cob. Now that I am older I prefer to cut it off the cob. I bought a "corn zipper" from Pampered Chef a couple of years ago and it's amazing!
And Bonus, it's under $10.00! If you need a Pampered Chef Consultant, check out Erica over at The Second House on the Right. She sells it =)
When I was little I loved to eat it right off the cob. Now that I am older I prefer to cut it off the cob. I bought a "corn zipper" from Pampered Chef a couple of years ago and it's amazing!
And Bonus, it's under $10.00! If you need a Pampered Chef Consultant, check out Erica over at The Second House on the Right. She sells it =)
Favorite Summertime song
I love love Barefoot Blue Jean night by Jake Owen. It's just that perfect Summertime song.
I love love Barefoot Blue Jean night by Jake Owen. It's just that perfect Summertime song.
Favorite Summertime activity
We love to Kayak like I mentioned above. We have so much fun as a family getting out on the lake and paddling and floating around. And bonus, we all LOVE it. Including Alyx =)
We love to Kayak like I mentioned above. We have so much fun as a family getting out on the lake and paddling and floating around. And bonus, we all LOVE it. Including Alyx =)
Favorite Berry? Strawberry, Blueberry, Raspberry or Blackberry?
Strawberries for sure! I love fresh picked Strawberries the best. We go and pick every year and they are just SO good!
Strawberries for sure! I love fresh picked Strawberries the best. We go and pick every year and they are just SO good!
Bikini's, tankini's, or one piece?
One piece for sure!!
One piece for sure!!
Dresses or skirts?
Honestly, I don't ever wear either. Maybe I should?
Honestly, I don't ever wear either. Maybe I should?
One word to describe Summer
Heavenly. Serious. After our winters here, when summer comes around it's just heaven. I live for this season every single year.
Thank you to the ladies of The Blended Blog for this fun linkup!
I hope you all have a great Tuesday =)
Heavenly. Serious. After our winters here, when summer comes around it's just heaven. I live for this season every single year.
Thank you to the ladies of The Blended Blog for this fun linkup!
I hope you all have a great Tuesday =)








No comments