Happy Monday Friends! Monday is here again, and the weekend is gone. I hope you all had a great weekend. We sure did here and I am recapping it today.
Be sure to join myself, Heather and Lindsay today and share your post below!
Be sure to join myself, Heather and Lindsay today and share your post below!
Friday was the last day of school for Emma! I think this is the latest they've ever gone to school, but because of all the bad winter weather we had, they had to make each day up at the end of the school year. All those snow days sound like a great idea at the time =)
She is so grown up all of a sudden. She's such a sweet and kind hearted kid. She was so excited to go to school and come home and it be summer vacation =) I remember that excitement as a kid as well =)
I had an unexpected day off on Friday so I was able to spend the entire day with just Alyx. Those days are few and far between so we had a great day!
I had an unexpected day off on Friday so I was able to spend the entire day with just Alyx. Those days are few and far between so we had a great day!
We went shopping in the morning. She got this purse that she colored. On the way home we stopped and got lunch and ate on the porch.
Friday night we were in bed pretty early. And Saturday we were up bright and early for Emma's softball tournament. They had a great season this year, and the girls have come so far since last season.
Our first game was at 10:00 am. We lost that game so we went to the losers bracket. It was a double elimination tournament. The game was over just after 12:00 and their next game was at 3:00.
Alyx kept busy by snacking at the game and playing in the dirt. Ha! =)
She's a good sport sitting at a field literally all day watching Emma. I told Em she needs to remember this when it's Alyx's turn to start playing sports =)
So in between games, we hit up the pool for the first time this year!
After a couple hours at the pool, we grabbed some popsicles and headed back home to change up and grab the softball stuff and head back to the field.
The girls won this game! I don't recall the score, but they won by quite a bit. The game was done a little after 5:00. Emma went to one of her softball friends camps for the evening for some swimming and a campfire. Brian had to work, and Alyx and I went to my inlaws for a BBQ.
I got so sunburned Saturday and I could barely move Saturday evening.
Sunday we were again up bright and early to hit the softball field again. First game was at 10:00 am again. The girls had to be there at 9:00. So if they lost they were out completely. If they won, they kept playing.
The first game was a total blowout. Emma's team won 34-4. They ended up calling the game early because of the score. So because they won, they played again at 12:30.
And guess what? They WON that game as well! We were SO pumped for the girls and they were on fire!!!
The last game of the day was for the Championship! They were playing a team that had not lost a single game all year long. These girls literally played their hearts out and they did amazing!! They didn't win, but they didn't lost by a ton either. I think the final score was 7-12.
The last game of the day was for the Championship! They were playing a team that had not lost a single game all year long. These girls literally played their hearts out and they did amazing!! They didn't win, but they didn't lost by a ton either. I think the final score was 7-12.
The coach from the other team told our girls that they gave their team the hardest game of the entire season. These girls really have something to be proud of!! None of us saw them coming in 2nd place for the league!
We didn't celebrate Father's Day yesterday because Brian had to work so we plan to do that tonight.
The girls and I ended the evening having dinner with my inlaws and hanging out at their house.
Alyx absolutely LOVES my niece Hannah. And don't they look like they could be sisters?!?!
She has such a rough life!
I hope you all had a great weekend as well. Make sure to link up your Monday post below =)




















No comments