Happy Monday Friends!! I have so missed the last few weeks hosting this linkup. But I am back!! Thank you to Heather and Lindsay for keeping this going while I took a bit of an unexpected blogging break. And thank you to those of you who checked in to see how I was. Everything was fine, we were just busy. So let's do a little recap =)
Normally I recap our past weekend on Mondays, but today I am sharing last weekends trip to Boston. I'll warn you now, picture overload on this post =)
A couple of months ago I planned a weekend getaway for just me and Brian to Boston. I got us tickets for the Red Sox, and we made a long weekend out of it.
We left Saturday morning around 8:30, and hit the road south. It's close to a 4-5 hour drive for us.
To get out of Maine it really takes forever. Close to 3 hours.
My mom has a friend who lives outside of Boston and he was so gracious and asked us to stay with him and his wife. Brian and I had never met him, sounds totally weird right? My mom grew up with him, and they graduated together. After they graduated he moved to Mass. We decided to take him up on his offer and stay with them. We got to his house around 2:00 and they are seriously the nicest people ever.
We spent the entire afternoon sitting out by their pool, talking, having some appetizers and drinks.
They cooked an amazing dinner for us that evening.
After dinner Brian and I went and found IKEA. I absolutely love that place and couldn't wait to get to it.
We walked around until they pretty much closed for the night. I wanted to buy one of everything, but I held back. Ha!
The next morning we woke up early and found that breakfast was all ready for us.
We were so so spoiled this weekend. My moms friend then drove us to the "T" stop in Braintree. The T is Bostons version of the Subway system.
We took the Red Line train, and then grabbed the Green Line to Fenway Park for the Red Sox game =)
There is nothing more exciting when you are a Red Sox fan to get off the T and walk up to Yawkey Way and see the park =)
The game started at 1:05, but we were there close to 8am because we had a 9am tour of Fenway.
The game started at 1:05, but we were there close to 8am because we had a 9am tour of Fenway.
There were so many people in our tour because they were only doing the one tour of the day. Normally they do mulitple tours a day, but on this particular day there was something special going on at the Park so they could only do the one.
Before the game, they were holding their first Alumni game in 20 years. It was SO awesome to be there and to be able to see all these players who used to play for the Red Sox. Here they were coming out on the field for practice.
Fenway is just amazing. Even if you aren't a Red Sox fan and you love baseball, you have to visit at some point in your life. It's just so full of history. And it is the oldest ballpark in America. It was built in 1912. To think of all the legends that have played here gives me goosebumps.
We had a hard time hearing our tour guide because the music for batting practice was so loud and there were just too many people in our group. So Brian and I kind of just ventured away from the group and did our own thing and exploring. And I think we had more fun doing that :)
I think it's so neat that Fenway has it's own garden on the roof top. They use all the veggies for their food there.
And I thought this little Coca-Cola area was pretty neat!
I love the little camper area. Too cute!
After we wandered around we headed outside the park to go to my very favorite, The Yawkey Way Store. I <3 this place!!
The place is huge. Imagine a huge store that only sells Red Sox apparel.So awesome =)
And then it was time for the Alumni game. That started a little after 10:00. It was 4 innings long. It was a lot of fun seeing all the "old timers" playing. Some weren't so old, only being off the team for a couple of years.
I think Brian was getting tired of my selfies after a while. HA!
We had great seats. We were 3 rows behind the Red Sox bullpen. It was fun watching their top pitchers and catchers warming up.
For anyone that follows the Sox, that's Drew Pomeranz and Pedro Martinez.
And Chris Sale =)
And our favorite catcher...Sandy Leon.
Thankfully the rain held off, but man it was chilly!!!
I was SO bummed at the beginning of the game. They gave the starting line up about 15 minutes before the first pitch and Mookie Betts (our favorite player) was on the starting lineup to bat first. And then I got a text from one of the guys that I work with that said "What the heck, Mookie isn't playing?" I was like oh no he's playing. And then...they announced that Mookie was out due to an injury. Ugh. I was so upset. And now he is on the 10 day DL list. So let's hope he gets better soon!!
I think every single seat was taken at the game. We didn't win, but that's ok. We're still in 1st place in the AL East. After the game we went to our favorite Fenway restaurant, Cask 'n Flagon. It overlooks the park. And we ate entirely too much food.
We started with Nachos and Beer, and ended with Pizza and Beer.
We hoped back on the T and rode it to Braintree where we were picked up by my moms friend. We stayed in that evening and watched the Celtics game. And we were up early the next morning to head home. I'm so thankful for this time away that Brian and I were able to have.
We love Boston. We have another trip planned in August to take the girls to their first Red Sox game, and then Emma is going to a Mookie Betts clinic for kids her age. She is so excited about it.
If you're not a Red Sox fan, well you should be!! =) Ha! I hope you all had a great weekend, and make sure to grab our graphic and linkup with us!
Happy Monday Friends!!
We love Boston. We have another trip planned in August to take the girls to their first Red Sox game, and then Emma is going to a Mookie Betts clinic for kids her age. She is so excited about it.
If you're not a Red Sox fan, well you should be!! =) Ha! I hope you all had a great weekend, and make sure to grab our graphic and linkup with us!
Happy Monday Friends!!



































No comments