Happy Monday Friends! I can't believe how fast the weekend went. We had such a great couple of days, and today I am recapping them. I hope you'll grab our graphic and and linkup with us!
All last week Emma was gone to my parents house. Pretty much as soon as summer vacation started, she was packing her bags for a week away! She has the best time there. She swims at my parents house, and is able to get together with her cousins and have a good time. So Friday evening Brian's parents took Alyx for the night and Brian and I went to dinner.
We had dinner at The Longhorn and I had an amazing watermelon margarita. It was So good. It tasted just like a watermelon jolly rancher.
After dinner we did some really crazy stuff. We went to SAMs Club, Petco, stopped and got coffee and then we drove to the lake to look at houses that are for sale...that we'll probably never buy! ha =) So we had a pretty crazy evening for sure. We ended the evening by watching the Red Sox game.
Saturday morning we were up early. We picked Alyx up and we went with my in-laws to the coast for the day.
We had lunch at a place called the Jordan Pond House. It's located in Bar Harbor in Acadia National Park. It was delish.
I had Popovers and Blueberry tea.
They were so good with a little butter and strawberry jam.
Alyx fell in love with our waitress and she was so good with Alyx.
She taught Alyx "pinkys up" when drinking tea =)
After lunch we went to the top of Cadillac Mountain. The views at the top are gorgeous.
It was a beautiful day, but it was a bit on the chilly side.
After we headed to Sand Beach in Bar Harbor. Maine doesn't have many sandy beaches so this is a treat.
We stayed for a while and let Alyx play in the sand and water....until she fell in. Haha =) And then she was ready to go!
We stopped for dinner on the way home at a place called Jordans Snack Bar. It's so good. It's all fresh seafood.
I had the lobster roll and Brian had a clam roll.
That evening I made a peanut butter pie, and we called it a night fairly early.
Yesterday morning Brian was up pretty early finishing up Alyx's outside playset. It was Emma's when she was little and it needed a little TLC. He ordered a new metal roof for it, so he and his dad finished that up while I made a big lunch for us.
Yesterday afternoon we played in a softball game between the police & fire department that I work for. Everyone had a great time!
They were gearing up for a big benefit softball game we are playing in next weekend. It should be a good time!!
After the game was over we had a few people over for drinks and pizza. We had such a great weekend! And I hope you did too!
Be sure to share your Monday post below!!
Be sure to share your Monday post below!!
























No comments