hello Monday...Weight Watchers Edition

Happy Monday Friends!  I hope you all had a great weekend!  Ours was pretty darn boring if we're being honest.  We had no plans, plus it was Brians weekend to work.  So the girls and I stayed home and just hung out.  It was pretty relaxing.  I don't have an awesome weekend review to share with you today, but today I am going to share with you my two week update on Weight Watchers.  I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I had joined.  So today i'm going to share with how you how it's going.
Be sure to link up your post today with myself, Heather and Lindsay.  Anything goes!! 



If we're being totally honest here, I thought a little over 2 weeks ago when I announced I signed up for weight watchers, that I would last maybe a few days.  I also thought for sure I would "sneak" snacks when I was hungry.  Well, the last 2 weeks have gone completely different than I ever anticipated.  Today I am going to share what I have been eating for the last two weeks.  If you have no interest, then you can move on to your next blog to read now =) haha

I started this journey on Sunday February 25th.  I honestly had NO idea where to even begin.  And then I got a notification on Facebook of a group that was created for ladies who are also on this same journey.  Stephanie from Wife Mommy Me created it, and I immediately started scrolling through all of the posts.  It instantly gave me ideas on meals and I felt a HUGE relief that I had somewhere to start.  

Everything in weight watchers is done in "points".  Everything has a point value to it.  At the beginning of every week i'm given 23 daily points.  I wondered how in the world am I going to know how many points are in certain things.  Well the weight watchers app makes that so simple!  You can scan any bar code on a package and it will tell you exactly how many points are in it.  Some things I started scanning and was in total disbelief how many points are in them!  I know that white bread has a lot of points in it.  3 points for every slice to be exact.  So 6 points just on bread for a sandwich was kind of crazy.  But then I found these wraps and at only 1 point, they are amazing!


I also found the Thomas Bagel thins.  They are probably my favorite.  At only 3 points for the bagel they make the perfect sandwich.


This was a 4 point lunch.  The only thing that had points in it was the bagel and then 1 point for a slice of bacon I added. 

All veggies, fruits, and a lot of protein are ZERO points.  I love the zero point foods.

There were no points at all in this meal.  NONE!  This is why I love the new Freestyle Program weight watchers has.  Salmon, riced cauliflower, and roasted brussel sprouts.  And it was all delicious.

The other day my mom, the girls and I went out for lunch.  I was nervous because I had no idea if there would be anything on the menu that I could actually eat and keep in point range. We went to Applebees and I ended up with grilled chicken and broccoli.   


The meal came with two sides, but I chose double broccoli.  This meal was actually 5 points.  If I had made it at home it would be Zero. The broccoli was 5 points, and I am thinking it's because of how they cooked it.  It was steamed but it tasted like it had butter or something on it.  But still not a bad meal and only using 5 of my daily points for it.

I won't bore you with all of my meals, but if you are interested in Weight Watchers at all, please comment, email or message me and I can share more of what I am eating.  Trust me, I am no expert on this at all, but I feel like I finally have some sort of grip on the do's and dont's. 

I honestly could not have done this without the support of two people.  Justine who used to blog, but no longer does has been sooo supportive and encouraging.  Anytime I have a question, I text her and she's got an answer for me.  She's been amazing! 
And Heather.  She's been awesome you guys.  We were texting last night back and forth about this program.  She is doing it is as well.  She was really the reason I decided to give this program a try and I can't thank her enough!!  I love both of you ladies!

When I weighed in yesterday I was down a total of 12 pounds since the day I started.  I can't say enough of how much I am LOVING this program.  

I hope you all have a great day and be sure to link up with us below =)  Happy Monday!





No comments