Christmas Recap

I hope you all had an amazing Christmas!  We certainly did here.  I really cannot believe it is over already though.  And this year has almost come to an end as well!  I'm recapping our Christmas today =)
I'll be honest here.  I didn't hardly take any photos Christmas morning.  Like maybe 2.  And that's it.  I wanted to enjoy watching the girls open their gifts and actually see their reactions.  So today I am recapping pretty much the last week! 

Friday I was off from work.  It was great!  That evening my mother in law went to our most favorite local winery.  I really have never tried a wine that I didn't like from there. 
And isn't the place so cute.  It had just started to snow which made it even more pretty.


Saturday morning Patch, our Elf, left the girls "Letters to Santa".  So Saturday morning they wrote out their Christmas wish lists.



Emma's list was a bit extravagant.  And the only thing she actually got on the list was clothes.  She never mentioned wanting an art set until this actual day.  Sigh.  She still had a great Christmas though!


Alyx wrote everything on hers except the Dear Santa and Love.  I will forever cherish this!  

I sat around Saturday morning watching Christmas movies and enjoying some peppermint coffee.


Saturday evening Alyx planted some "Candy Canes".  We actually used candy cane tic tacs, and put them in sugar.



The next morning, Alyx woke up to this!


She was thrilled!  So excited =)  

Sunday afternoon we had my in-laws Christmas.  

Couldn't my niece and Alyx pass for sisters?


They look more like Sisters than cousins =)


The girls and I matched again =)

We all got some really nice things, and then we headed home. 

Each Christmas Eve Mrs Claus leaves the girls pajamas.  And she did this year too.


They were both ready for bed super early, which was great.  They left a note for Santa first.


And then off to bed they went.

Santa showed up at our house, and then we all went to bed.


My parents came down Christmas Eve to spend a couple of days with us.  So it was nice to have them here.

Christmas morning the girls woke up a little after 7:00, and were SO excited to start opening presents!!


And I made my traditional Christmas morning Monkey bread.


The girls got so many nice things and toys.  They had such a great day.  We got a huge snow storm Christmas Day.  Mookie loved it!


She was outside bouncing around in the fluffy cold white snow.

The aftermath of Christmas Day.  Toys and stuff everywhere.  I saw a quote from Andy Rooney that I absolutely loved.
"One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas Day.  Don't clean it up too quickly."
How true is that.  

Tuesday we hit up the stores for some after Christmas sales.


The snowbank at Target was huge!


After pretty much finding nothing, we headed back home.  Brian got a smoker for Christmas and was really anxious to try it.


He made smoked pork tenderloins, and they were delish.


We ended last night by playing Pie Face.  Oh my gosh, it was so FUN!!



Emma absolutely loved it!!

Alyx went to bed early, and we stayed up watching a movie and Emma played on her new laptop and Beats Headphones.  Spoiled much?  I think so! ha =)


I hope you all had a great Christmas weekend.  We certainly did!! 

I just wanted to remind everyone of the hello Monday linkup.  We have a new co-host for the new year!  Lindsay from Lindsay's Sweet World.  I hope you will join us.  Any Monday post goes!  And make sure to grab our new graphic as well.  



No comments