Happy Tuesday Friends! Today I am joining the ladies from The Blended Blog. Each month they have a fun list of questions to answer, and today it's all about Christmas!
//ONE//
Real or Fake Tree?
We have had a mixture of both. Growing up we always had a real tree. When Brian was growing up, they always had a fake one. So when we started dating, we opted to go with the real tree. One year we went and got our tree. We got it home, decorated it, Brian left for work and I absolutely hated it! I undecorated it, dragged it outside, and went into town and bought a fake pre-lit one! ha! He was a teeny tiny bit mad at me, but he quickly got over it when he saw how pretty the fake tree was! ha =)
We have had a mixture of both. Growing up we always had a real tree. When Brian was growing up, they always had a fake one. So when we started dating, we opted to go with the real tree. One year we went and got our tree. We got it home, decorated it, Brian left for work and I absolutely hated it! I undecorated it, dragged it outside, and went into town and bought a fake pre-lit one! ha! He was a teeny tiny bit mad at me, but he quickly got over it when he saw how pretty the fake tree was! ha =)
//TWO//
Favorite Christmas Cookie?
These don't really scream Christmas by any means, but my favorite Christmas Cookie is molasses cookies. I think I really only ever have/make them this time of the year.
I shared the recipe for these a while ago, you can find it HERE!
//THREE//
Home for Christmas Morning or Travel?
When Emma was really little we would do Christmas morning at our house, then at my inlaws and that afternoon we would travel to my parents which is a little over an hour away. But it became just too difficult. So now my parents come to our house Christmas Eve day and stay a day or two. It's so much easier that way with the kids.
//FOUR//
Clear or Colored Lights?
I honestly like both. We always used to have colored lights, but we've switched entirely to white lights, and I have to say, I really do love it. I especially love it at night with the twinkling lights. So pretty!!
//FIVE//
Send Christmas Cards?
Always! Even when I was little I would help my mom with sending out Christmas cards. I love it. I ordered ours a couple of weeks ago and they are hitting the mail this week!
//SIX//
Favorite Christmas Present Received?
Oh gosh. As an adult I honestly can't think of anything. As a kid, it would have been a snowmobile from my mom and dad. It wasn't brand new, but it wasn't so exciting and so much fun! It was black with pink and purple and it was definitely girly!
//SEVEN//
Favorite Christmas Present Given?
This is another hard one. I really think each gift given to the girls is special. They both always get so excited. And you know what? Sometimes it's the tiniest gift that was a last minute buy that they love the most =)
//EIGHT//
Stockings or No Stockings?
Of course Stockings!
We all have the same Stocking. Mine is the same age as me. When Brian and I started dating, she had one made just like it for him. And then when Emma was born, again she had one made, and you guessed it, the same one was made when Alyx was born. They all have Rudolph on them. I'll post pictures of them soon. My mom has always filled all of the stockings. Even for Emma and Alyx. So I really have never had to buy stocking stuffers. And I think I am ok with that! ha =)
//NINE//
Christmas Pj's?
Ohhh yes! Every year!!
Last year Brian even had matching ones with us! I think he was really impressed with them! Haha =)
//TEN//
Favorite Christmas Carol?
I absolutely LOVE Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee. The girls even love it as much as I do =)
//ELEVEN//
Favorite Holiday Tradition?
There are many. I love driving around looking at Christmas lights. Making Christmas cookies. Decorating ornaments. My list could go on and on.
//TWELVE//
Early Shopper or Last Minute?
Can I say a little bit of both here?? I get the big stuff down and out of the way, but it never fails there is always something last minute that I need.
//THIRTEEN//
Favorite Christmas Movie or Show?
There are SO many. First is probably Santa Clause the Movie. The original one. That is how our Elf got the name Patch. I also love Miracle on 34th Street.
//FOURTEEN//
Favorite Holiday Beverage?
I'll just go with a nice glass of wine =)
//FIFTEEN//
Cookies and Milk for Santa?
Why yes, of course!
Thank you Blended Blog for this fun link up! I am anxious to read everyone's answers to these questions! =)
//THREE//
Home for Christmas Morning or Travel?
When Emma was really little we would do Christmas morning at our house, then at my inlaws and that afternoon we would travel to my parents which is a little over an hour away. But it became just too difficult. So now my parents come to our house Christmas Eve day and stay a day or two. It's so much easier that way with the kids.
//FOUR//
Clear or Colored Lights?
I honestly like both. We always used to have colored lights, but we've switched entirely to white lights, and I have to say, I really do love it. I especially love it at night with the twinkling lights. So pretty!!
//FIVE//
Send Christmas Cards?
Always! Even when I was little I would help my mom with sending out Christmas cards. I love it. I ordered ours a couple of weeks ago and they are hitting the mail this week!
//SIX//
Favorite Christmas Present Received?
Oh gosh. As an adult I honestly can't think of anything. As a kid, it would have been a snowmobile from my mom and dad. It wasn't brand new, but it wasn't so exciting and so much fun! It was black with pink and purple and it was definitely girly!
//SEVEN//
Favorite Christmas Present Given?
This is another hard one. I really think each gift given to the girls is special. They both always get so excited. And you know what? Sometimes it's the tiniest gift that was a last minute buy that they love the most =)
//EIGHT//
Stockings or No Stockings?
Of course Stockings!
We all have the same Stocking. Mine is the same age as me. When Brian and I started dating, she had one made just like it for him. And then when Emma was born, again she had one made, and you guessed it, the same one was made when Alyx was born. They all have Rudolph on them. I'll post pictures of them soon. My mom has always filled all of the stockings. Even for Emma and Alyx. So I really have never had to buy stocking stuffers. And I think I am ok with that! ha =)
//NINE//
Christmas Pj's?
Ohhh yes! Every year!!
Last year Brian even had matching ones with us! I think he was really impressed with them! Haha =)
//TEN//
Favorite Christmas Carol?
I absolutely LOVE Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee. The girls even love it as much as I do =)
//ELEVEN//
Favorite Holiday Tradition?
There are many. I love driving around looking at Christmas lights. Making Christmas cookies. Decorating ornaments. My list could go on and on.
//TWELVE//
Early Shopper or Last Minute?
Can I say a little bit of both here?? I get the big stuff down and out of the way, but it never fails there is always something last minute that I need.
//THIRTEEN//
Favorite Christmas Movie or Show?
There are SO many. First is probably Santa Clause the Movie. The original one. That is how our Elf got the name Patch. I also love Miracle on 34th Street.
//FOURTEEN//
Favorite Holiday Beverage?
I'll just go with a nice glass of wine =)
//FIFTEEN//
Cookies and Milk for Santa?
Why yes, of course!
Thank you Blended Blog for this fun link up! I am anxious to read everyone's answers to these questions! =)




No comments