Happy Tuesday Friends! Today is myself, Heather and Jenna's very last Recipe Club linkup. Heather and I started this back in June of 2016. A year and a half of sharing recipes was certainly fun! I hope you all enjoyed them as well. This isn't to say I'm not going to share any more recipes, because I certainly will, there just won't be a link up for it. Today I am sharing a delicious yet easy Christmas treat. Christmas Crack. I'm sure there are other names for it, but that's what we refer to it is =)
The first time I had this was at a Christmas party. I honestly couldn't believe how addicting it was and how tasty.
So here is the super simple recipe for you.
About 2 sleeves of Saltine Crackers
1 cup of packed dark brown sugar
2 sticks of butter
2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
Sea Salt
Crushed pecans (optional)
Line a cookie sheet with tin foil, and then place your saltines on it.
Next, in a saucepan, add your 1 cup of packed brown sugar and the 2 sticks of butter.
Cook on medium heat until it's all melted together. When it starts to bubble cook for approx 3 minutes. Remove from heat and pour over the saltine crackers.
It makes this delicious caramel sauce!
Stick this in the oven at 400 degrees for 5 minutes until it starts to get all bubbly again.
Remove from oven and immediately put the 2 cups of chocolate chips on it. Let them sit until they start to melt from the heat. And then spread the chocolate over it. Sprinkle Sea Salt and crushed pecans if you desire.
Stick it in the refrigerator, or if you're like me when it's 10 degrees outside, you stick it out on your front porch for a couple hours =)
When it's hardened just turn the pan upside down, and break it all up into pieces.
Enjoy!
Thank you Heather and Jenna for co-hosting this fun link up with me! It's been fun =)
Thank you Heather and Jenna for co-hosting this fun link up with me! It's been fun =)
Have a great Tuesday!!




No comments