Happy Monday Friends! We had the BEST weekend! And I hope you did as well. I have a long picture heavy Monday post for you today. Grab our graphic and join myself and Heather and share your Monday post with us!
This weekend was our towns Fall Festival. It's called Riverfest, since it's held right on the Riverfront at our City Park. Brian's family is big into the Knights of Columbus, and each year they have a trailer set up to sell Baked Potatoes. And let me tell you, they are SO good. You can get them with all sorts of toppings!
So Friday evening we set up and Brian, his dad, and his brothers...and Emma too sold potatoes!
Emma had her apron on and was ready to sell!
We really lucked out with the weather. Friday night was really chilly, but we dressed in tons of layers, and brought blankets so we kept warm.
Around 7 Friday evening they gave out free ice cream. I think they should have given away hot chocolate to keep us warm! haha And as you can see, Alyx was wearing most of on her face ;)
So they started selling potatoes at 5pm, and by 8pm they had sold out completely. So Friday evening was definitely a success!
We ended the evening with really an awesome fireworks show.
Saturday morning we were up bright and early. Brian left earlier than we did to help his dad. We got back down to the park around 8:30
Alyx was content with a box of munchkins on her lap =)
Later in the morning was the parade. Alyx really doesn't know what to think of parades. She really hates all the loud noise, and when they throw candy she doesn't run for it. She stands and waits for someone else to get it for her! haha
My niece is the blonde playing the saxophone. She does really well!
Alyx got a free coffee mug, and thought it was the coolest thing ever!
Brian had fun I think loading up everyones potatoes!
Brian with his dad and his 2 brothers. They ended up selling completely out of potatoes on this day as well. I think they had around 200 to sell, and they went fast!
By Saturday evening we were exhausted!!
Sunday we all slept in a bit, and then we went apple picking!
I love this Orchard. The trees aren't huge to the point where you can really climb in them, but they are good size. And it's never really crowded. Some orchards are just insanely busy and I wasn't about that this weekend.
There were SO many different apples to choose from and they were all really large. Our favorites were the Empire apples and Honey Crisp.
After we picked some apples, I really wanted to get a few pictures of the girls, and they both cooperated!
My brother in law came with us and I asked if he could try
and get a fairly decent family picture for us. I think he did pretty darn good!
I'm usually so critical of photos that I am in, but I think I love this one of the 4 of us =)
We ended the evening with a homemade Turkey pot pie that I made, and my brother in law made us a homemade apple pie. So good. We had a great weekend! I wish all of them were like this =)
Make sure to link up below!!
Happy Monday!
























No comments