Meet and Greet Tuesday

Happy Tuesday Friends =)  It's Meet and Greet Tuesday, and I am excited to highlight todays blogger!!

Today I want to introduce you to Dara!  She blogs over at Not In Jersey!  So let's get to know her a little more =)



Tell us a little bit about yourself.

Hi, my name is Dara and I'm a stay-at-home-mom to three great kids - a girl and two boys. Gabbie is 12, Zachary is 10, and Simon is 7. We live in Kansas outside of Kansas City and we enjoy traveling and family adventures, and I like to blog about it all! I also like to read, take photos, and shop! 



How long have you been blogging and what inspired you to start blogging?

 I started blogging in 2010 as a fun way to keep our families updated after we moved from NJ to Kansas. In 2012 I started blogging more often and I've been doing so ever since.

How did you come up with the name of your blog?

The name Not In Jersey is a play on what Dorothy says to Toto in The Wizard of Oz - 'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.' Since we moved to Kansas, I thought it was funny to say we're not in Jersey anymore!

Of all your posts you have written, which is your favorite and why?

It's certainly not so easy to choose a favorite post! I love re-reading my travel and Disney posts because I enjoy remembering our trips. Some of my favorite posts were my Simon Says series, where I wrote down all the funny things Simon said. http://www.notinjersey.com/201 4/12/simon-says.html http://www.notinjersey.com/201 6/01/simon-says.html One of my favorite meaningful posts was Why I Can't Hear Your Birth Story - http://www.notinjersey.com/201 3/08/why-i-cant-hear-your-birt h-story.html.

You have friends coming over to dinner tomorrow night.  What are you going to make for a meal?

When we entertain, Dave and I split up the cooking - he tends to make the main dish and I make the sides. Some of my go to sides include taco salad, sushi salad, rice with tofu, and sesame noodles. I also always make blondies for dessert!

If you could have a weekend away, just you and your husband, where would you go?

I'd love to head to a Caribbean Island and just relax the whole weekend! The truth is we tend to visit places where we don't just sit on a beach somewhere (our most recent getaway was to Cuba! http://www.notinjersey.com/search/label/cuba) but sometimes I just feel like relaxing.

What are some pet peeves of yours, and why?

When people follow me on Instagram and I follow them back and then they unfollow me. When there is plenty of room to walk around me but people walk into me. When my kids and my husband all try to talk to me at the same time. When I say Zachary's name over and over and he doesn't respond.

What's your go to type of music?

 I like the type of music that my dad raised me on. He had tapes of certain singers / bands that we would listen to in the car and I still love that style of music, including Billy Joel, Elton John, Simon and Garfunkel, Chicago, James Taylor...in fact, I've seen every one of the ones I just mentioned in concert!

What's your idea of the perfect family day?

Everyone has to be happy and in the mood to have fun - no complaining! We'd go to a fun festival or event or a Royals game and hang out there for awhile. The kids would let me take pictures and not make silly faces! Dave would make us all a yummy dinner and after dinner we'd go for a family walk / bike ride. We'd make a lot of memories and hope to do it all again soon!


____________________________________
Thank you Dara for letting me interview you and giving us a peak into your life!  It's been so fun getting to know you through this blog world!  Make sure you all check out Dara's blog!

Have a great day!