hello...Monday

Happy Monday!  I hope you all had a great weekend!  Today I am recapping ours. 
Be sure to link up your Monday post below!

Our weekend just wasn't quite long enough.  Isn't that how it usually goes?? 
We have had a super cold few days around here.  Friday I picked the girls up from school and had absolutely no desire to go back out into the cold for the rest of the day.  So we did just that.  I made corn chowder and corn bread for dinner.


I love soup and muffins on cold days.

Saturday morning I woke up to this picture from Emma.


We were up earlier than normal Saturday to head out of town for Emma's swim meet.  Her friend Jessie joined the team so she went along with us.  My in-laws were gracious to keep Alyx for us.


We stopped for breakfast at Chick-fil-A on our way out of town.  


The temperatures were below zero, but judging by the girls outfits (i.e. no socks with their shoes and no jackets) you would have never known that right?  #teenagers

They both did really well.  Although, the pool where this was held was hotter than all get out.  I felt sick to my stomach just being in there, the people around us were waving paper like fans.  It was absolutely miserable.  Emma texted me after her warm-up and said she felt sick.  She had 3 heats to swim in and was only able to swim 1.  I kept notice of the kids times and people were anywhere between 10-20 seconds behind their record times, and I knew it was because of how miserably hot it was in there.  Emma described the water as feeling "thick" when swimming in it.  Yuck!



I have never been so glad to get out to -10 degree temps after we left there!  

We stopped for lunch on our way home.  Thankfully after we got out of the yucky heat we all instantly felt better.


Notice the portion sizes?  They were HUGE.  This place we went to is "famous" in Maine for their portion sizes.  Emma and Brian split that gigantic Reuben sandwich.

We headed back home after.  Brian had to work the overnight shift that night, so he headed to bed and the girls and I ran to Target to get a birthday gift and then headed back home.  

Sunday was spent doing not a whole lot.  I slept in until almost 10:00 which was fabulous!  And then had to be at work at 3:00.  Emma had softball pitching lessons, and then they all went to my nieces birthday party.  

I hope you all have a great Monday.
Link up below!



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

No comments