Gardens Aglow

I know we are well into the New Year now, but I wanted to share a trip we took at the end of November.

A few weeks ago we decided to take a day trip to the coast of Maine to a botanical garden that transforms their gardens with Christmas lights each year.  We had never been before, and I couldn't wait for the girls to see all the lights.

Our drive there was a couple of hours, but the drive once we got there was absolutely worth it!!


It was super cold, but the lights were so beautiful!!



We kept warm by drinking hot cocoa.  If I could have done anything different, I would have brought a stroller for Alyx.  It was a lot of walking and her little legs were pretty tired after a while.



There were SO many people there, but the gardens are so large that you never really felt like you were over crowded with people.





There were little cafes inside the gardens and we stopped in one of them and had some yummy appetizers. 




They had a little rope bridge.  Emma and Brian did it, but Alyx and I chickened out! ha!







We had the best time, and I hope to make it a yearly tradition.  We didn't get home until super late, after 11:00 at night.  I think next year we would make a weekend out of it!  =)

No comments