Well, hello! And happy Monday! And also Happy New Year! I've been MIA here for so long. I am in hopes this year to blog more than I did last year. Today I am going to recap our Christmas. Be sure to linkup with us below!
We had a great Christmas this year. It was fairly laid back and we just soaked in every moment of it. My plan is to blog about all the fun things we did over the Christmas Season soon. Brian and I were both really lucky and both had Christmas off.
My parents came down on Christmas Eve day. We did Christmas at Brian's parents house Christmas Eve afternoon, and sadly I didn't take a single picture. That evening we stayed home, enjoyed a bunch of yummy appetizers and homemade french onion soup.
After dinner, Mrs. Claus always leaves new pajamas for the girls (and me and Brian too) on our beds.
I told Alyx I heard something upstairs and she immediately ran upstairs knowing that "Mrs. Claus" had been there =)
The three of us all had matching pajamas this year, hehe =)
My mother also let the girls each open a new pair of slippers she got them that evening.
Alyx left out some goodies and a note for Santa before going to bed.
They use the same plate for Santa that I had when I was little.
Before the girls went to bed around 8:00, I wanted to take their picture. Well, just as I hit the button on my phone there was a huge bang outside. And I caught Alyx's reaction. She was adamant that it was Santa landing on our house roof!
It was priceless =) She quickly went to bed after this.
I took this picture of Santa and Brian napping before we went to bed.
We watched Elf with my parents, and then Brian and I had to go to his parents house to get the girls big gifts we got them for Christmas. We got them each a vanity for their room and we put them together in my inlaws basement a couple weeks prior, so we just had to grab them and bring them to our house. We were in bed around midnight.
The next morning, Christmas morning we were up around 6:30. I quickly made a monkey bread, which I make every Christmas morning, and then the girls opened up their stockings.
And then we got into opening all the gifts.
We let Emma and Alyx each go shopping for a gift for each other. Emma got Alyx the Ryan's Toy Review giant egg.
And Alyx picked out new black Vans for Emma.
Both got a Hydro Flask...
Brian got a new Red Sox (Fenway Park) t-shirt. I didn't take any pictures of what I got, but the girls and Brian got me some new Fiestaware dinner plates and bowls. A new apple watch and a new Vera Bradley bag. We were all pretty spoiled this Christmas!
We made a mistake when Emma opened this. She opened the remote control before the PS4. Parent fail there! haha
Alyx's most favorite chocolate are the Lindt chocolate balls. So when I saw this, I knew I had to get it for her. She thought it was the best!
Alyx's new vanity...
And Emma's. Emma's is also a desk which is awesome.
We cleaned up all the paper, tape, bows and boxes and enjoyed a lazy day at home. We made lunch for my parents and inlaws. Lasagna.
That evening we went to my inlaws and had Chinese takeout, and then back home to play with all the new toys. This was one of my most favorite Christmas's yet. I hope you all had a great day as well!!
Be sure to linkup your post below =)
I told Alyx I heard something upstairs and she immediately ran upstairs knowing that "Mrs. Claus" had been there =)
The three of us all had matching pajamas this year, hehe =)
My mother also let the girls each open a new pair of slippers she got them that evening.
Alyx left out some goodies and a note for Santa before going to bed.
They use the same plate for Santa that I had when I was little.
Before the girls went to bed around 8:00, I wanted to take their picture. Well, just as I hit the button on my phone there was a huge bang outside. And I caught Alyx's reaction. She was adamant that it was Santa landing on our house roof!
It was priceless =) She quickly went to bed after this.
I took this picture of Santa and Brian napping before we went to bed.
We watched Elf with my parents, and then Brian and I had to go to his parents house to get the girls big gifts we got them for Christmas. We got them each a vanity for their room and we put them together in my inlaws basement a couple weeks prior, so we just had to grab them and bring them to our house. We were in bed around midnight.
The next morning, Christmas morning we were up around 6:30. I quickly made a monkey bread, which I make every Christmas morning, and then the girls opened up their stockings.
And then we got into opening all the gifts.
We let Emma and Alyx each go shopping for a gift for each other. Emma got Alyx the Ryan's Toy Review giant egg.
And Alyx picked out new black Vans for Emma.
Both got a Hydro Flask...
Brian got a new Red Sox (Fenway Park) t-shirt. I didn't take any pictures of what I got, but the girls and Brian got me some new Fiestaware dinner plates and bowls. A new apple watch and a new Vera Bradley bag. We were all pretty spoiled this Christmas!
We made a mistake when Emma opened this. She opened the remote control before the PS4. Parent fail there! haha
Alyx's most favorite chocolate are the Lindt chocolate balls. So when I saw this, I knew I had to get it for her. She thought it was the best!
Alyx's new vanity...
And Emma's. Emma's is also a desk which is awesome.
We cleaned up all the paper, tape, bows and boxes and enjoyed a lazy day at home. We made lunch for my parents and inlaws. Lasagna.
That evening we went to my inlaws and had Chinese takeout, and then back home to play with all the new toys. This was one of my most favorite Christmas's yet. I hope you all had a great day as well!!
Be sure to linkup your post below =)
























No comments