hello...Monday!

Hello!  Happy Monday friends!  I hope you all had a great weekend.  We had the BEST weekend.  This time of the year is one of my favorites.  I'm recapping today the fun we had.  Make sure you linkup below with us!

Friday was pretty low key for us.  Emma came down with what I think was the flu earlier in the week and was miserable all week long.  She only went to school on Monday, and was out the rest of the week.  Thankfully she is much much better. 

Saturday morning Alyx and I went to her school for a Holiday Bazaar.  They had an online auction the week before and Brian bid on a signed Red Sox baseball, and he won so we went to pick that up.  They had all sorts of crafts and yummy goodies to buy, but I resisted and didn't buy anything.
Later that afternoon we went to Freeport which is about 90 minutes away.  Freeport is where the LL Bean flagship store is.  The town in the summer is absolutely beautiful, but at Christmastime...it's even better.  

Brian and Emma headed into LL Bean to get new laces for her LL Bean duck boots, and Alyx and I went and stood in line to meet Santa :) 



It was SO cold out.  But waiting in line was worth it =)  Alyx gave Santa her Christmas list and was so excited to meet him.

After meeting Santa we went off to find some hot cocoa to warm up.


And then found....


Santa's Reindeer!!
Alyx was ecstatic!!




After we went and found Emma and Brian, and found 
that Emma chose new red laces for her boots.


And then we headed out on the streets for some shopping.



They had horse and carriage rides.  I really wanted to go, but the line for them was SO long.



This tree next to Alyx was a talking tree.  She had NO idea until she got up to about this point and the tree said "Hey little girl with the pom poms on your hat!"  She thought that was So funny!


This is a Christmas Tree made of Lobster traps.  Only in Maine!

We walked all over the downtown area, and then headed back to LL Bean.


I thought this snow globe was too cute!




Walking through this area, it seriously felt like you were in a Hallmark movie.  It was almost magical!






We will definitely go back again next year and hopefully make this a yearly thing!!  So much fun!!

Be sure to linkup below!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

No comments