Life Lately

Happy Thursday friends!  I have been a bit scarce here lately so I thought it would a good time to do a life lately post =)

Thank you to all who linked up with us yesterday for our Fall Recipe swap!  If you missed it, you still have time to share yours!  You can find my post here

So what have we been up to lately?  Well we've been busy.  Very busy it seems.
Emma started back up with swim team.  This year she moved up and that means more practices and longer practices.  



She practices Monday-Thursday from 4:30 to 6:30.  And then on Fridays from 4:00-6:00.
Also 2-3 times a week she has dryland practice which is basically a pre-swim workout and that starts at 4:00 for 30 minutes.  I feel like i'm just running back and forth picking her up and going back home.  I know we'll get into a routine with it, but right now I feel like i'm barely keeping my head above water trying to get dinner ready every night and then getting Alyx to bed at a decent time.  We'll get there though! 

Of course we have been watching a TON of baseball lately.  Our beloved Red Sox won 3 out of 5 games against the Yankees, and we are currently 2-1 on the Astros out of a 6 game series.  


Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for a good couple of games coming up!!

We also went to Portland which is in southern Maine last week.  We drove all the way there just to go to Trader Joes. =)

Alyx loved filling up the little cart with stuff.  

Last Sunday I asked one of the girls at work to take me shooting.  So we did just that.  We had SO much fun.  She was a great instructor and I feel like I learned a ton.



I honestly knew nothing at all about guns.  You would think growing up with a police chief for a dad and Brian being a police officer, and me working at a police department I would know how to shoot! haha  But I didn't.  I'm so glad we went and i'm excited to go again.  And it actually worked out well because Brian came and he qualified for work.  It was fun watching him shooting the handgun, rifle and pistol.


He's the one down on the ground. =)

The girls had school pictures a few weeks ago and we just got them back.  Well, Emma got hers back and somehow they lost our order for Alyx, but thankfully still took her picture so I was able to reorder them.  


Like how in the world does she look this old!?!?!  

And then Alyx...=)


So cute =)  I can't wait to get them back!

Emma has been begging for literally weeks to get her hair dyed.  My answer was a firm no.  And then my mom reminded me that I was in 5th grade when I had my hair highlighted for the first time....so yup I caved and let her do it.  She asked for a balayage.  Which is kind of like an ombre highlight.  


I absolutely LOVE how it came out.  It looks so good and it's not a drastic change on her.  But she loves it =)


I feel like just in the last couple of months her looks have changed so much.  She's certainly not a little girl anymore.  

So there is a little peek into our life lately.  
I hope you have a great Thursday!!

No comments