Fall Recipe Swap Linkup

Happy Wednesday!  Today is linkup day for our Fall Recipe Swap!  If you have a cold weather dish, then be sure to linkup with us below!  I have a few I am sharing today =)

When I think of a fall dish, I instantly think of soup.  One of my most favorite soups is, Loaded baked potato soup.  It's SO good!


7-8 small to medium size potatoes peeled and diced
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
4 shallots, finely chopped
1/2 tsp pepper
3 cups of chicken broth
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
8 slices on bacon cooked and then chopped

Caramelize the onions, shallots and garlic over low heat
add all ingredients to your crockpot and cook 6-8 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high.
Top with shredded cheese, bacon bits and green onion
When it was done, I found it wasn't exactly thick enough, so I mashed some of the potatoes and that thickened it perfectly! 
If you try it, you'll have to let me know!

Another thing I think of when I think of Fall is pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.  Oh my gosh, when they are fresh out of the oven, they are insanely good!


I always use One-Pie pumpkin.  It's made here in Maine.  I'm not sure if you can buy it anywhere else, but it's my go to!  

1 can of pumpkin
2 eggs
3 teaspoons milk
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups of sugar
1 cup of oil
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 cups of flour
1 package 12oz chocolate chips

I refrigerate the dough for an hour or so before baking them off.  I suppose you don't have to, but I always have.

Bake at 375 for 10-15 mins.  So good!  And they make a ton!  Perfect to send to school for the kiddos =)

And lastly....this is my favorite.   It's close to my pumpkin chip cookies...but even better.

Pumpkin bread.


I absolutely LOVE this recipe because it makes two loaves.  It's great to make for yourself and maybe a neighbor or a teacher.  You can even make these into mini loaves if you wanted.  I know Justine has made this into mini loaves, you can see that HERE.  I also love that you can add so many things to it.  Chocolate chips, raisins, nuts...I even once put a little nutella into it and it was delicious.  Here is the recipe.



I hope you will enjoy one or all of these recipes!  And be sure to linkup with one of the hosts today!!

No comments