First day of School {2018}

The day I have been dreading finally came.  
I remember when Alyx was born it seemed like it would be so long before she started school.  And it really didn't hit me until around July of this year that this is it.  She's starting Pre-K this year.  No more daycare, no more lazy mornings for her, no more "it's ok if you stay up a little later tonight".  Yesterday I sent both my girls off to school.  Alyx in Pre-K and Emma in Seventh grade.  Whattttt???  How is it possible they are growing so fast?









Alyx was beyond nervous in the morning.  Emma...she was SO excited!  She is such a social butterfly and loves to be around her friends and she missed a lot of them over the summer.  

We dropped Emma off first.  She has to be at school around 7:30.  And then Alyx has to be at school at 8:00.  Normally Brian does morning drop off's but since it was the first day I wanted to go as well.  We got to the Elementary School and Alyx instantly became super super nervous. 


 And of course that got my nerves up.  And then we were both crying.  I handed her hand off to the teacher and Alyx pulled away running back at us crying.  Ugh.  She wasn't the only one crying, but she was certainly crying the hardest.  And then I realized I just needed to walk away and that she would be fine once I left.  I pretty much cried all the way to work.  One of the guys I worked with asked me if I had a cold or just allergies, and then I just started crying again, haha.  What a morning.  When Brian picked her up he brought her to see me and she was smiling.  She said her morning was good.  She colored, played on the playground and they had a book read to them.  She said she made a new friend too. =)  I hope and pray drop offs get easier for her.  =)

No comments