What's up Wednesday




I wish I had some elaborate meal plan all done up, but in reality I don't.  Most night I just "wing" it in the dinner department.  I've tried and tried to become more organized in this area, and it just never happens.  So I will show you one thing that we made last week that I hadn't made in a long time and they were a huge hit.

Ham & Swiss Sammies


Have you ever made these?  They are SO good.

Kings Hawaiian rolls.  Layered with ham and swiss cheese.  Saute one onion with a stick of butter, a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce, and a couple of tablespoons of Dijon stone-ground mustard.  Pour some in the middle of the sandwiches and then pour the rest on top.  Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.  Last 8 minutes of cooking, uncover.  They are so good and melty and yummy!  


We had Emma's birthday party a couple of weeks ago.  She turned 12.  I'll  be recapping her party tomorrow.  I don't know how in the world she went from this....


to this...


I feel like she has just grown so much just since the beginning of the summer.  I don't like it at all!! ha =)


As much as I love summer...I am truly loving the fall we are having right now.  There is just something cozy about evenings with the fireplace lit and all comfy cozy in at home.



I'll be recapping our Boston trip next week!  But other than that, we haven't been up to a whole lot lately.  Which is ok!!


Not a single thing =)


All the fall activities we have going on =)


We have watched some really really great shows lately!  If you have Amazon Prime and haven't watched Jack Ryan....go do it now!  


It is seriously SO SO SO good!  I was so bummed when we finished the first season.  Now we have to wait until next year to see season 2.  

I also started Homeland.


It's a good show, but messed up at the same time.  I'm not completely hooked on it yet, but they say get past the first season and it gets better!

And of course this is what we watch nightly at our house...


105 wins!!! =)


While at work I mainly listen to SiriusXM, but lately i've been on an Old Dominion kick and have been listening to them a lot on Amazon music.



This weekend is our towns fall festival, RiverFest.  It's always so much fun.  Fireworks, Parade, lots of yummy food and games in the park.  We're excited for it.  We always have a concession stand set up selling loaded backed potatoes for the Knights of Columbus.  Emma has a blast helping too.


So there is a glimpse of what we've been up to lately.  I hope you all have a great Wednesday!! =)

No comments