hello Monday

Happy Monday Friends!  It's the 4th of July week!  I am working most of the week, but Brian is on vacation.  We had a great weekend, and today I am recapping.



Friday after work I took the girls to the pool.  We literally pulled in and they were closing the doors to the pool house because of a rain storm that was coming in.  We pulled out of the parking lot and all of a sudden the sky turned black and it started thundering and lightning pretty good.  My mom came down for the night to watch the girls on Saturday for us, and we went to dinner at Olive Garden.



I hadn't been there in forever and it was so yummy!
We headed home after and watched the Red Sox/Yankees game.

Saturday morning we were up bright and early.  4:30 bright and early.  We were heading out of town for a benefit Softball Tournament for the officer that was killed a couple of months ago.  

A lot of the guys from the PD I work with played and Brian also played on their team.


They ended up doing really well.  There were 16 teams.  It was a slow pitch, one pitch game, and it was a double elimination.  Our first game was at 8:30 am, and we played our last game at 3:30.  It was a long HOT day. But it was so much fun!

They came in 4th place which was great!

We headed home after and ordered out Chinese.

Sunday morning the girls and I headed to my parents for the day to use their pool.  


I LOVE my new cup that Heather made =)  The other day out on the boat I had margaritas in it, and yesterday I had lemonade in it.  It kept my drink cold all afternoon!





We had a pretty scary thing happen yesterday while we were in the pool.  I literally turned my head for two seconds to talk to my mom and I heard Emma screaming that Alyx had fallen out of her floatie and into the pool.  I was just about to jump in when Emma grabbed her and threw her out to me.  Ugh.  Scariest thing I have ever had happen to either of my girls.  Alyx cried, Emma cried and of course I just lost it crying.  Once Alyx was calmed down a little she walked over to Emma and and said "Thank you Emmie for saving my life"  Talk about pull at your heartstrings.  I don't wish anything like this on any parent.  It was terrifying.  And it goes to show just how quick things can happen even when you are right there with them.  

We headed home a few hours later and all Alyx wanted was "blue ice cream".  So we did just that!


I hope you all had a great weekend!!   Be sure to link up below with your Monday post!

No comments