Recipes for Summer Grilling

Happy Thursday Friends!  I am so glad to be back at blogging.  I truly have missed it.  And I missed reading all of your posts.  Today I am going to play catch up and read all the ones that I have missed.

I mentioned this quickly yesterday, but once spring hits it just feels like it's BBQ and Grilling season.  We used to grill out all year, but let's face it, standing outside in the middle of the winter when it's -20 below zero cooking on the grill is really no fun.  So we started putting our grill away until Spring.  Our grill is out and we have been BBQ'ing almost every evening that Brian is home.  It's so good, so fresh tasting and such an easy clean up.  Today I wanted to share a couple of things we have been making a lot of lately.  And who knows, maybe i'll make this a weekly series for summer and have it be a linkup to share your favorite summer grilling or summer recipes in general.  What do you think?  Let me know your thoughts!



I shared this picture yesterday and a lot of you asked what Fiddleheads are.  They are basically a fern that grows in the woods here, and they are SO good.  It's a very short season for them, maybe 2 weeks.  So when you start seeing them being sold on the side of the road or in the store, you stock up =)

Anyway...we found the most delicious steak marinade ever!  And it's homemade.  We have been making this marinade for steak and chicken and it's delicious on both.



Here is the recipe:

1/3 cup olive oil
2 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
Handful of chopped green onions

Let your meat or chicken marinade in this preferably overnight. I brought chicken to work the other day to grill for everyone, and they all raved about the marinade.  

If you've read my blog for any length of time, then you know my love for the Instant Pot.  I truly love it.  I know some don't love it that much, but I use mine all the time.  In the summer we love doing corn on the cob.  But it seems like it takes forever for the water to boil and then for the corn to cook.  Do you agree?  I found that you can do it in the Instant Pot in 2 minutes.  Yes, 2 minutes!!


I usually put 6 ears of corn in and there is still room for maybe 2 more.  It's simple and I love the easy cleanup of it.  This is the perfect side for a BBQ dinner.

We love chicken kabobs and make these all the time!


I know I've shared this recipe before, but they are delicious.  Cubed chicken, purple onions, peppers and pineapple.  You could put any sauce you want on these, but I tend to use a mango grilling sauce.  

Grilled veggies are the best!  We bought a pan for grilling a couple of years ago and we tend to use it for marinated mushrooms.  Sometimes we add zucchini to it as well.  You can marinade your mushrooms in Italian dressing for a few hours, and then just throw them in a pan on the grill


So there you have a couple of grilling ideas.  Let me know what you guys think of doing a weekly summer link up of grilling recipes.

See you back here tomorrow for Friday Favorites!!

No comments