My last post I mentioned that I had a meeting/appointment with the diabetes clinic at the hospital. I made Brian go with me to it. Sometimes I feel like a ton of information that is thrown at me at once, just goes in one ear and out the other. So another set of ears, plus the support, was just what I needed. There were 3 other women in this meeting with me. All 3 were also pregnant, and all 3 with gestational diabetes. It was nice being able to talk to someone else that has it as well. Our meeting was very informational and I learned a lot! I was given a big folder full of recipes. And also meal plan samples. I have had to tweak some of the meal plans a bit, only because some things they suggest you have to go with a meal I may not like. I have a little monitor thing that I have to carry with me and prick my finger to test my blood sugar 4 times a day. So far every time I have tested it, it's been good! So how I'm eating now is helping!! I will admit that I'm still having cravings for ice cream...but I haven't caved yet! The nurse that instructed the meeting was really nice and funny. She basically said that if you have a craving for it...have a little of it, but not a big bowl like you normally would =) I'm sure that day will come, when I cave and have a spoonful or two of ice cream =)
So what else? Oh, Emma and I went shopping the other day. I had a gift card that I decided to use on her. Spoiled? No!! We went to AC Moore, and she just loves doing crafts and stuff. So we got a ton of stuff to do!
Bonus is that all the back to school sales are going on, so all the Crayola supplies were dirt cheap. Manly $1.00 and under!
Emma found these super cool flip flops that you can color yourself. She had a blast coloring them all different colors.
She was in deep deep concentration ;)
Final outcome! I think she did a great job with them =) And she had fun doing them too!
Today I came home to find a surprise on the doorstep.
I was sooo surprised to get all of this! The wonderful Bri from School in our Slippers sent this to me =) Now Alyx has her very first Thirty-One bags! When I started my blog, I honestly never thought anyone would read it. I stumbled across Bri's blog a while back and even though I have never met her, I feel like I have. She was so thoughtful to send this to us....so Thank you again Bri!!! =)
And speaking of Alyx...man is she a mover!! Constantly moving around! It's just the weirdest feeling because I don't remember Emma ever being this active, but I totally love it!
I hope everyone enjoys their weekend...it's me and Brians weekend to work. Emma is going to camp with my inlaws Saturday into Sunday. She's pretty excited! I ended up going to 4 different stores this afternoon looking for a pair of water shoes for her. Finally found them at the last store we went to!
Enjoy your weekend!!!!





Love all the stuff!
ReplyDeleteThose flip flops are great!
ReplyDeleteToo nice of Bri---love the bags!
Those flip flops are such a cute idea
ReplyDeleteHow nice of Bri. She's to sweet
I love the flip flops she made; how fun! And, I am glad you like the bags. I tried to pick out something I thought you would really like to use. :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome flip flops!!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet of Bri. I LOVE 31 bags, and Miss Alyx certainly has a nice little collection to come home to.