tbb asks...holiday edition

Happy Tuesday Friends!  Today I am linking up with the ladies of The Blended Blog for their Holiday questions!  I love these questions, and also reading what everyone else answers =)



Yes!!  I love candy canes!  You know how some people are all bout pumpkin everything in the fall?  Well I am all about everything peppermint in the winter.  I love candy canes in hot cocoa, I love peppermint mocha coffees, cupcakes with candy canes...I could go on and on.  


Funny story.  My girls would sleep in on Christmas morning if it weren't for my husband!  He is the early riser on Christmas morning and wakes all of us up =)


Not always.  This year we did and we had a blast!  


Yes!!!  My theory, it's a LOT of work getting your tree up so why not enjoy it longer.  We put it up the earliest ever this year.  I think it was two weeks before Thanksgiving.  And I have enjoyed every single minute of it.  There is just something about the twinkling lights at night that make it so enjoyable.



I do.  I can't say they always come out Pintrest worthy, but we do our best!  We made these one year and I want to do it again this year.  

Homemade Cinnamon Ornaments

1/4 cup of Applesauce

1 cup of Cinnamon

1/2 cup craft glue (I used Elmers craft glue)

Mix it all together and then let it sit for an hour.
After an hour roll it out with a rolling pin, and then cut out ornaments.  Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 200 degrees for 2 hours.  And this is what you get:


And they smell SO good when they are hanging on your tree.  



Definately unwrapped.  Santa aint got time for wrapping Stocking Stuffers! ha =)



Traditional all the way!!  Some of this modern stuff I can't stand!!


A big ole' NO on that one! Funny story.  When I was probably 8 or so, my mother had a friend who dropped off a homemade meatloaf to us around Christmas time.  It was wrapped in tinfoil.  So for supper the next night, my mother took the "meatloaf" our of the fridge and stuck it in the oven.  She made all the sides to go with it, and when it was done re-heating she put it on the table and took the foil off....only to find it was a fruitcake not meatloaf!  We laughed and laughed about it. =)  Her friend made a mistake when out delivering her meatloaf and fruitcakes to friends.  =)


Just about!!  This is the first year I have had so much done already and it feels like such a huge weight has been lifted off me.


Yes there certainly is.  I always say, I love snow on Christmas morning but after that it can just go away! ha!


Rudolph!  Alyx didn't even make it 11 minutes into Rudolph this year....


Thank you ladies for hosting this fun holiday linkup!

I hope you all have a great Tuesday!


No comments