hello Monday

Happy Monday friends!  One week from today is Christmas Eve! I can't even believe it!  We are super excited for this week.  The girls didn't have school today because of a snow day, so after today they only have 4 days of school until Christmas break.  Let all the fun Christmas festivities begin this week!  I hope you all had a great weekend.  We certainly did, and today I am recapping.  Be sure to linkup with myself, Heather and Lindsay at the bottom =)



Thursday Alyx and I had a dinner date at Chick-fil-A.  She calls it Chick-a-lay.  I love it.  And the day she starts calling it correctly i'll probably cry! ha!


This girl is SO picky.  When she asked if she could have the cherry on top of my milkshake I was like "Yes!  Please try it!" Haha  She ate a little bit of it, and then decided she didn't like it, haha.

We saw our favorite Chick-fil-A employee too, Kiley!


Friday Emma went to the Middle School dance.  It was an ugly Christmas sweater dance, and unfortunately I didn't get any pictures because after school she went right to her friends house and they got ready there.  But she said their sweaters were all very festive!
Alyx and I went to my mother in laws to make some cookies with the rest of the cousins.



Here are Alyx's cookies =)  She had a little help from me.  And what a MESS she made with the flour!  My poor mother in laws kitchen was covered with flour when all the kids were done.

Saturday we were up early for Emma's swim meet.  Last week when I read Jen from the Bolin Bunch's blog she mentioned the new update on the apple watch has a walkie talkie app now.  I hadn't updated my watch, so I was excited to try it!  And it is super neat!


Thanks for sharing about it Jen!

Alyx and I got to the pool just before 11:00 when it started.




Emma did really well!  She did a couple of events she had never done before and I am super proud of how well she did!




She came in 1st place in her heat for backstroke and took 5 seconds off her original time.

For some reason swim meets wear me out.  I don't know if it's because they are so long and the heat just gets to me, but after they are over I feel like I've been run over by a truck.  So the rest of the day was honestly spent doing nothing but watching Hallmark Christmas movies and going to bed early.

Sunday we got up early and headed to my parents house for the day.  My mom and I spent all afternoon baking Christmas Cookies.







So much fun!  And so yummy too!
We left just after 3:30 and we were home by 5:00.  I did some laundry, picked up the house and got a couple of blog posts finished.

I hope you all had a great weekend as well!! =)
Inlinkz Link Party

No comments