hello Monday {Boston Part 1}

Happy Monday friends!!  I hope you had a great weekend!  We certainly did here.  But we are exhausted!  We got back late Saturday from Boston and we are all trying to get rested from our few days away.  I decided to recap our trip in 3 parts.  Today I am sharing the first part of our trip.  I hope you will join myself, Lindsay and Heather and linkup your Monday post =)

It's no secret that we LOVE Boston and love the Red Sox.  So this trip was pretty much centered around all things Red Sox.  We loaded up the car early Wednesday morning and headed south.


We made a couple of stops on the way there and got to Boston just after 4:00.  


We went through the tunnel in Boston, and at first Alyx thought it was cool but then quickly grew to hate it.  


I think it's when Brian told her there were buildings on top of us is when she started to freak out.  
My moms friends offered to let us stay with them again, the same ones we stayed with when Brian and I went in May.  They are so accommodating and we love staying with them.
The girls couldn't wait to get in the pool!




We had pizza outside for dinner, watched the Red Sox and then we went to bed fairly early. 
The next morning we were up super early as we had to be in the City by 8:30.


The girls were SO excited for their first trip into the City and to Fenway.

We prepaid for parking at a parking garage directly across from Fenway park so our spot was all resereved and we didn't have to drive around looking for a spot.  If you've never used the app ParkWhiz, I highly recommend it!  We used it for both this particular day and also the night we went to the game.  

Emma was squeeling with excitement when she saw Fenway Park =)


There was no game on Thursday, it was an off day.  So the park was open for a WB Mason consumer show.  I was invited to this show, and I was fortunate I was able to bring Brian and Emma along.  We checked into the park, got bags and then off we went.  It was basically a huge consumer show where they give out free stuff.  We also got another tour of the Park which was fun because Emma and Alyx had never been before.



The girls are sitting in the only red seat in this section.  It's the seat that Ted Williams hit the longest homerun inside the park.  Pretty neat =)



We were able to get down on the field and see the 3 World Series trophies.




Do you see that?  We are 10 games above the Yankees =)

I love that Fenway still has the manual scoreboard.  There is no digital scoreboard in this park.  Someone actually stands behind this and changes the numbers throughout the game.


It was so hot this day.  One of the muggiest days ever.  We were glad to go inside for a bit to cool off and get some cotton candy.




After walking around we went and had lunch.  They provided lunch for everyone that was there.
We chose to eat on the Sam Adams deck that overlooked the park.


There were a couple of players out on the field doing some practicing so that was fun to watch.
While we were eating Alyx spotted Wally, the Red Sox mascot and was SOOO excited!



She has a few Wally stuffed animals, so to see the real Wally was so exciting for her =)

After lunch we had to head out of the park to get to Woburn High School where Emma was doing a Mookie Betts baseball clinic. 
As we were leaving we spotted Jerry Remy's handprints so Emma wanted her picture with them.  He used to play for the Red Sox in the 70's and 80's and now he's an announcer for them.  We love him!


And then we headed out of the city for Woburn....


Tomorrow I will recap the Mookie Betts clinic!



No comments