Friday Favorites

Hello Friday!  This has been a long week and I am SO glad that Friday is here =)  It's also been forever and a day since I did a Friday Favorites post!  I'm sharing our favorites today from the week!




Our favorite from this past week was our Boston trip!  If you missed the recaps on that you find them here.







We had SO much fun!


On Monday the girls and I went to my parents for the late afternoon/evening.  We don't usually go during the week because it's an hour away, but we had family home from Chicago and we don't see them too often so we went up for a BBQ.




My parents took the girls overnight Wednesday into Thursday.  You guys, it was glorious.  I love my girls like crazy, but a little overnight break was just what I needed.  Brian was working so it was just myself and the dogs home =)


I ordered takeout from Chipotle, and watched the Red Sox game.  The quietness was so good! ha =)


We have two weeks left of summer vacation and then school starts back up.  The last week we've seen a change in the weather and the mornings are really cool.  Like in the 50's.  I'm really sad to see Summer go.  We have had the BEST summer this year.  With the cooler temps coming in, I feel like that's when I use my crock-pot the most.  The other day I made a roast and it honestly felt like fall.


These meals are so easy.  I just used a boneless pork roast, a package of carrots, and a package of these little potatoes.  2 cups of beef broth and 1 package of onion soup mix.  I cooked it all day on low, and it was delicious.


Lastly, we went to IKEA the other day when we were in Massachusetts.  I have been wanting a small kitchen island for a while and I found one that I liked.  I got it home and put together, and while I like the island, I don't love the "plain" look of it in my kitchen at all.  


Don't mind the shoes on the floor and the gigantic bag of dog food.  But I feel like it needs painting.  I'm going to stain the top a bit darker and then paint the rest of it this weekend.  I think then I will like it better =)

I hope you all have a great weekend!  And make sure to come back Monday for our hello Monday linkup =)


Linking up today with the following ladies =)




No comments