Happy Wednesday! Today I am sharing the final part of our Boston trip. Can we just go back now? We love Boston so much and these trips are always so fun. I am so glad that this time around we were able to bring the girls with us. They both had so much fun. So let's recap!
Friday morning Alyx was up by 8:00, had breakfast and was ready to get in the pool. So we did just that.
Friday morning Alyx was up by 8:00, had breakfast and was ready to get in the pool. So we did just that.
While she played around in the water, I had coffee and enjoyed the gorgeous weather.
Around 10:00 Emma finally rolled out of bed and she, Brian and I hit up the mall for a little shopping. Alyx stayed back with my parents and played in the pool. Once we got back, we all got in the pool.
Around 10:00 Emma finally rolled out of bed and she, Brian and I hit up the mall for a little shopping. Alyx stayed back with my parents and played in the pool. Once we got back, we all got in the pool.
We stayed in the pool until almost 2:00. And then it was time to get ready and head back into Boston for the girls first Red Sox game =) Emma was sooo excited for it.
We drove into the City. We thought about taking the T, which is Bostons version of the Subway system, but when I thought about getting out of the game at 11:00 pm, walking to the T stop and getting on a packed train with thousands of other people most of which are intoxicated, that didn't sound like much fun with Emma and Alyx with us. We downloaded the ParkWhiz app, prepaid for a parking spot directly across from the park and it was easy peasy!
We walked the streets around Fenway and did some shopping before the game.
The girls got Balloon hats =) And a backstory to Emma's t-shirt. Back in April during a game with the Yankees, Joe Kelly who is a relief pitcher with the Sox hit Tyler Austin with a pitch. And that started the second brawl of the game.
After that game these Joe Kelly fight club t-shirts started popping up everywhere. When we got to Fenway Emma immediately spotted one and had to have it. Haha =)
And once inside the park, they had their picture taken next to the "Pesky Pole"
We had a really quick thunderstorm roll in, but it lasted maybe 30 minutes and then the sun came back out.
At 7:10 it was game time!
And we WON!! We played against Tampa Bay. The final score was 7-3.
The girls first trip to Fenway was a good one! We're excited to take them back again next year. I'm trying to talk Brian into going to another game next month just him and I. We'll see if I can convince him ;)
We got back from the game at midnight, and guess what the girls did? Went swimming!
Alyx fell asleep on the way back but once I took her out of the car she woke up and asked to go in the pool. Since it's summer we said sure! They had a blast. The next morning looked like this with both girls....
So sleepy!
I'll leave you today with a video I put together. The two songs I chose are both big Red Sox songs. Sweet Caroline is sang at every home game in the middle of the Eighth inning and if the Red Sox win at home, then they immediately start playing Dirty Water =)
Have a great day!


























No comments