What's Up Wednesday

Tomorrow is the big day! We are so excited for Thanksgiving and I hope you all have a great Holiday!





How about lots of this....


There will probably be leftovers for days!! 



This.  


This was Alyx's first Thanksgiving.  How in the world are my girls 11 and 4 now?!?!  Alyx was just a couple of weeks old on her first Thanksgiving =)


This time of the year.  I love everything being so bright and cheery.  All the lights and decorations can make just about anyone happy.  Although I realize there are those certain few that this time of the year doesn't make them happy.  But for me, I get all giddy.  For instance, we went to the Maine Mall this past weekend and it was completely decked out in Christmas Decor and Emma and I both got SO excited!!  I love all the sparkle that goes along with it =)


I posted about my and Emma's weekend away this past weekend and you can find that HERE.  We had so much fun.  I really think when you have more than one child that spending one on one time with each of them is important.  Alyx can be very needy.  Very needy.  And sometimes I feel that my attention is way more on her than it is Emma's, and I don't want Emma to ever feel left out.  So she and I both needed that time away, and we've decided we are going to start these trips every year now.



Honestly.  Not one single thing.  Like I said, I adore this time of the year!!


Other than finishing/starting Christmas shopping??  I have actually started, but I want to finish in the next week or two.  I do not want that last minute heading out buying gifts for everyone. We are keeping it really simple this year for extended family. I know gift cards have really no thought put behind them, but my nieces and nephews are all getting them this year.  We have a lot of nieces and nephews and to find just the perfect gift for them and then not know if they really even like it or not, is more stress than we need.  So last year we made the decision that we get them gift cards and then they can pick out just what they want.  Maybe i'm in the minority here, but I love getting gift cards!


Having Thanksgiving tomorrow as a big family.  My mom and dad are having dinner with my aunts and uncles, so it's just going to be Brian's side of the family.  We always have it as his camp, and the kids have fun =)


Ha!  Well....Lots of and lots of this....



Hallmark.  All day everyday.  When I am home that is.  I love love love all of their Christmas movies.  Even if I have seen them, I will still watch them.  I know, they can be so cheesy, but I can't help it.  I'm addicted to them!!

I also cannot wait for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!  We always enjoy watching on Thanksgiving morning!!



The way I am talking about Christmas over here, you all are probably thinking i'm crazy.  But it's been all Christmas music over here.

Our favorite?  Michael Buble and Martina McBride.


I also listen to a lot of Holly on Sirius XM.



You guys.  Promise not to laugh?  I've never in my life owned a pair of skinny jeans.  Ugh.  Well I bought a pair and I really like them.  I'm not 100% comfortable in them yet, i'm far from a size 2 or even 10.  But I am really loving them with my LL Bean duck boots.  =)


We are going to start the process of moving Emma's bedroom.  I've talked about this a ton before, but she and Alyx share a room.  We have 2 bedrooms in our upstairs of our house, but because the stairs are really steep to get up (it's pretty much a finished attic) we've never let Emma sleep up there because for one, she sleep walks.  The last thing I want is for her to fall down the stairs.  But, she's asked for her own room, so we are doing just that.  It's will take a lot of work moving her up there, but she is excited!


Duh!!!

I am excited to enjoy the next month with my family.  This time of the year is special, and seeing it through my girls eyes is so much fun.  

Here are some from years past.  I need some new ideas this year, so I cannot wait to see what everyone shares!!


I hope you all have a great day, and also a Great Thanksgiving!!

One last thing. If you haven't signed up for the Ornament Swap, I highly suggest you do!!

Here are the details!

Signs ups begin now.  Fill out THIS FORM to participate.
You must be a US Resident.
Sign ups will close on November 26th at Noon EST.
There is a $15.00 limit on this swap BEFORE shipping.
Partners will be chosen and notified on November 27th.
Please ship your ornament by December 4th, and then come back here and link up with us on December 12th and show off the ornament you receive!

Please let me know if you have any questions at all!!

Linking up today with


ShayMel Sheaffer



No comments