hello Monday

Monday you are here again.  We had a great, but low key weekend.  It was one of those weekends that was relaxing and I really didn't want it to end.  Grab your coffee and join myself, Heather and Lindsay and linkup below =)

Friday evening was spent doing...well nothing!  Brian worked the overnight, so the girls and I hung out and watched TV.
Saturday morning started with the Farmers Market.  This was the first time this summer we had been, and I don't know why we waited so long!


It was so HOT Saturday.  We walked around for a while, and I bought a ton of pickling cucumbers.  And then we headed home to start making some pickles.


They really are easy to make, just time consuming.


I diced up 32 cups of cucumbers.  My hand was killing me by the time I was done =)

These soaked all day and then overnight in water and salt.

The rest of the day was spent again doing not much.  We watched the Red Sox game and then called it a night.

Sunday was another super lazy day.  We sat around watching TV and napping.


Even Mookie partook in the napping =)
I did finish off my pickles.  32 cups of cucumbers will make 12 pints of pickles.  You'd think it would be more.


After finishing those my mother in law invited us for dinner.  Brian was working again, so of course I said yes because that meant no cooking for me =)  Although I did help her a bit.

After dinner Alyx played with chalk in their driveway.  



Recently Emma has become obsessed with taking pictures...wonder where she gets that from?!?!  She has fallen in love with Sunsets this summer and she really wanted to go to the lake and take some sunset photos.  She got a new iPhone 8 plus the other day so she has been taking photos like a mad woman.





She certainly has an eye for photography!

While she was taking photos, I took a few of her and Alyx with the sunset.




So that was our weekend.  A much needed relaxing weekend.  I hope you all had a great weekend as well!  Be sure to link up below =)



No comments