hello...Monday!

 Happy Monday, Friends!  I hope you all had a great weekend, and a Happy Thanksgiving as well!  I cannot believe we are just a couple of days away from December!!  

Today I am recapping our Thanksgiving.  If you have a post up today, be sure to grab our Christmas graphic and linkup with myself, Heather, Tanya or Lindsay!

We had a really really great, and laid back Thanksgiving.  Normally our Thanksgivings are chaotic with so many people, but this year it was just us and my parents at our house.  This was my first time cooking the entire meal, and I made wayyy too much food. Ha!  I was getting a little anxious over making everything, but I found a little Thanksgiving cheat sheet/advice on facebook about a week prior telling you which day to start prepping which Thanksgiving item, and it worked perfectly and I wasn't stressed out that things weren't going to get done.

It's tradition that all the guys in our family take all the kids to camp the day/evening/night before Thanksgiving.  They all did that, while I prepped for the next day.  First up, I got 3 bottles of our very favorite wines to enjoy for the next day.


I ordered out takeout for dinner, and then started on some prep for the next day.


Onions peeled and cut, Potatoes peeled and cut, green bean casserole put together and a butterscotch pie made.  I'm SO glad I did this all the night before.

After that was done, I settled in to watch Hallmark =)


The next morning I prepped the turkey for the oven.  I decided to cook it in a turkey browning bag, and I'm glad I did because I didn't have to worry about basting it at all.  


I completely forgot to take an "after" picture of when it was all done.  


We watched the Macy's Thanksgiving day Parade, of course =)


See that standing snowman next to Alyx?  It goes with us EVERYWHERE.  She's been named, Julie.  I have no idea where the name came from, but Alyx carries this thing everywhere.

Around 12:30, we ate lunch, and it was so so good.



I made wayyy too much food like I said.  We had mashed potatoes, boiled onions, squash, green bean casserole, glazed carrots, rolls and turkey.  The amount of leftovers he had was insane.  I sent my parents home with a ton thankfully.

After lunch we had desert, and I totally forgot to take a picture of all the deserts we had.  We had pecan pie, cheesecake and butterscotch pie.  Shortly after desert, look who arrived!


Our Elf, Patch came back!  My mom got it on video, and it was the absolute sweetest thing ever, but Alyx just started bawling.  She kept saying they were happy tears but she just cried and cried.  She was so excited to see him =)
He also brought the girls a little treat, new Christmas shirts.



My parents left late afternoon, and then we just relaxed for a while.  And then we played a game of cards.  Alyx LOVES cards and could play over and over again.  We played "bad neighbor".  She especially likes it when we play for money =)


Notice our Bob Ross playing cards? Haha =)

 After cards Emma went back out to camp for the night with her cousins.  So many neighborhoods in our area had put up their Christmas lights, so we promised Alyx we would take her for a ride to see them that night.


Remember I mentioned that "Julie" goes with us everywhere?  We enjoyed hot cocoa while looking at lights =)  

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!!!



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments