hello...Monday!

Happy Monday friends!  And Happy Memorial Day.  We had the *best* weekend!  We were unbelievably busy, but it was so so good.  If you have a post up today, be sure to linkup with myself, Heather, Lindsay and Tanya!  


Thursday was a beautiful day here, a bit windy, but still so nice.  When I got out of work the girls wanted to go to the lake.  Brian was working so we headed out.



Emma said the water was freezing, but Alyx thought it was just fine =)



And the sunset over the lake was absolutely beautiful.  One day we will own a camp on the water.  

We headed back home after and were in bed pretty early.

Friday morning we were up a little after 6:00.  Brian got home from work at 7:00 and we immediately left and drove to my parents house.  My dad needed help tearing down their pool deck to make way for their new deck.  The weather was absolutely gorgeous again.  It was in the 90's.  But it made working outside all day a bit rough.  We finished helping him around 3:00 and then headed back home.  By this time Brian was beyond exhausted from being up all night long working, and then helping my dad all day.  He went to bed as soon as we got home, and Alyx had been begging all day to go swimming.  So we went back to the lake.  



I really could not believe she got in.  All the way in.  It was cold.  You have to remember, we literally had snow here 2 weeks ago!  



Emma had no desire what so ever to go in. Ha!


So she layed out on the dock instead.



The couple of days Emma spent in the sun, her freckles on her face popped right out!  I love it =)


Alyx had SO much fun.  I can't wait for more summer days like this =)



Saturday we were back up early and headed back to my parents to help with a couple more pool things.  


Emma was less than thrilled to be back in the car before 7am.


My mom gave Alyx this puppy.  It was mine when I was little, and the last 2 days she has carried it everywhere.  She loves it!

The rest of the day was spent getting a couple of plants at Home Depot, and having a lobster dinner at my .  I never thought I would see the day when lobster was cheaper than hamburg at the store.



We also had steamed clams.  So so good!


And relaxed in the backyard.

Sunday morning/early afternoon we spent doing a ton of yard work at our house.  We have a line of trees between our yard and neighbors yard that were so overgrown.  We spent hours trimming them and loading the trailer 4 times with brush to bring to the dump.  It looks so much better, but I forgot to take pictures.  

We ended the afternoon with lobster rolls, and then I headed to work.


I hope you all had a great weekend!  And enjoy your Memorial Day =)

If you have a post up, be sure to linkup below.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

No comments