Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend. I hope you will join myself, Heather, Lindsay and Tanya and linkup your Monday post below =)
I was MIA from here a little last week so I have a bunch of stuff to share today. School is finally almost out here! Alyx had her last day this past Thursday, and Emma has her last day tomorrow. We are SO ready for summer break!
I cannot believe how much these girls have grown just since the beginning of the year. Time needs to slow down for me!!
Since Alyx only goes to 1/2 day Pre-K, one thing she and I love to do is have lunch together just the two of us every once in a while. Her favorite place, Chick-fil-A =)
We went and it was gorgeous outside, so we sat outside.
So Alyx has never really had a haircut. We've trimmed it a little bit at home, but every time I would mention going to have it cut, she would FREAK out. The other day when she got home from school she asked if she could go and get it cut, and I was like YES!!! So off we went.
She looks so concerned here doesn't she!
It came out so good, and she was so excited about it when it was done =)
Perfect summer cut =)
She was really excited to show her friends at school. She woke up the next morning and said "I bet my friends won't recognize me!" ha!!
She wanted her hair pulled back like Emma's this particular morning.
Saturday we spent literally ALL day at the Softball field. It was Championship weekend for one of the leagues Emma is in. Her first game was at 10:00, and then another one at 2:30 and then the last one was at 5:30.
I am so proud of Emma. She hit a grandslam and a homerun in her second game of the day! The last game of the day was at 5:30 and unfortunately they lost that game. So that meant they were out of the Championship. Emma was so upset. Not that they lost, but she ages out this year for this league. She has played in this league since she was 7. So 5 years. 3 of her best friends play on the team that beat her team, and as soon as the game was done, Emma started to cry right on the field and those 3 girls immediately ran over to Emma and hugged onto her. It was super sweet and they are such a great group of girls.
After the game we went to my brother in laws surprise birthday party. We sat out by the fire and had some drinks.
If you've not tried these Corona Frescas, run to your local store and get some. They are so good. The perfect summer drink.
Yesterday was Father's Day. I got up early and made Brian a breakfast quiche. I am going to share this recipe soon. The girls gave Brian his father's day gift, and he loved it.
It's a Dove Tail baseball bat. It was a bat that was made in memory of Detective Ben Campbell who was a trooper here in Maine who was tragically killed a couple of months ago. Brian said he isn't surprised very often by gifts, but he said this one really surprised him.
We had a great morning with Brian. He had to work that night, so unfortunately he spent most of the day sleeping. We went to lunch with my dad and mom. We did really have a great day.
Make sure to linkup below! And happy Monday!













No comments