Florida {Day 14}

Happy Thursday!  After today I promise I am done with our Florida recaps.  Today I am sharing our last day in Florida. 

We decided to go to Disney Springs one last time on our trip.  We did some shopping and had some yummy treats. 



After some mini cupcakes, we took the water taxi over to the other side of Disney Springs.  It really wasn't a long walk, but the thought of a boat ride was pretty exciting for Alyx =)



I remember when this boat was the Empress Lilly.  It was a place you could go and have a Disney character meal, and it was SO nice.  I really think they should have kept it that way :) 

Once we got over to the other side of Disney Springs, Alyx got to pick an oyster to open for my mother in law.  She watched one of our dogs for us and both of our cats while we were away.





We had the pearl made into a necklace for her.



Emma found this really neat chocolate place called "The Ganachery".  It was SOO good!  All kinds of delicious chocolates.    She ordered a homemade S'more.  And it was all homemade, from the graham cracker and marshmallow to the chocolate.











And I may have just had one of the best iced coffees I have ever had!


I don't know if this is a chain company, or if it's only available at Disney...but SO good!

After we headed back to our resort to enjoy the rest of the afternoon at the pool.




We went to dinner that night at Joe's Crab Shack.  It's one of our favorite places to eat when we're in Florida.  And then we headed back to the condo.  We were up bright and early the next morning to head home.  We were all super sad to go, but we had an amazing and fun time.


We were up and on the road so we were able to see the sunrise and it was so pretty.


The first day we drove from Orlando to Mooresville, NC.  The next day was the LONGEST day ever.  We drove from Mooresville, NC to home.  It was about 1,100 miles and it took us a little over 16 hours to drive.  We just wanted to get home at that point.  Driving through the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia that morning were stunning.


We are counting down the days until our next vacation to Florida next year!!

No comments