We are slowly getting through recapping our trip =) Today I am sharing Day 12, 04/23. We decided to hit up Islands of Adventure on this particular day.
So I'll start off by saying...this particular day was not our favorite. It has been a while since we had been to Universal/Island of Adventure, and after being at the Disney Parks we just didn't love it. This was strictly our opinion, but it wasn't nearly as clean as any of the Disney Parks, the people working there were not all that friendly, and it was just way too crowded. But, we did make the best of it, and the girls did enjoy the few things we did do there.
Alyx was really excited when we got over to Seuss-Land.
We hung around Seuss-Land for a bit, and then Emma wanted to head over to the Harry Potter section. It was miserably busy and you had to pretty much push yourself through crowds.
After pushing our way through, both the girls had enough. And they were actually the ones that said, what they did do they had fun, but they were ready to leave. We only stayed for a couple of hours. We learned that we are a Disney family through and through =)
We then headed out of the park and Emma saw this ride.
We then headed out of the park and Emma saw this ride.
It shoots you to the top and then drops you. And she convinced Brian to go on it with her. NEVER would I have gone on it! Ha! After they came off it, we headed over to City Walk. I had one thing on my list I wanted to do and that was to go to the Chocolate Emporium for milkshakes. I had never had one, but I had heard they are incredible!
They were for sure incredible! We ordered two and split them. They were so rich. We had a chocolate chip cookie one and then a Nutella one. The Nutella one was my favorite!
After we walked around City Walk some more and then met my parents at Margaritaville for dinner and drinks.
Margaritaville has the BEST Nachos!
We then headed back to our resort.
Once we got back to our resort, the girls wanted to swim.
They had so much swimming in the pool at night. And bonus it usually wasn't busy so most of the time they had the pool to themselves =)
After their swim we headed back to our room to head to bed. We had another day at a theme park the next day =) Come back tomorrow for day 13!
































No comments