hello...Monday!

Happy Monday, and Happy first day of Fall!  As much as I don't want to admit this, I guess i'm somewhat ready for Fall.  It's just the thought of winter that comes after that has me all, blah. 

I hope you all had a great weekend.  Today I am sharing our remodel of our attic. If you have a post up today, be sure to linkup with myself, Heather, Lindsay and Tanya!

This remodel of our upstairs has been a VERY long time coming.  We've been in our house just over 13 years and really never touched the finished attic space.  We did paint one room, but that was it.  The other room needed some major work.  Emma turned 13 last week (there is a post coming soon about that) and for her Birthday, all she wanted was for one of the rooms to be redone upstairs for her.  So we did just that.

I'm almost embarrassed to show the before pictures.  You guys, it was awful.  I don't even know what the stuff on the walls was, it wasn't sheet rock or paneling, it was some awful yucky looking stuff.
So here is the before:


Alyx insisted on standing in the photo.  When I asked Emma what she wanted to do in this room, she immediately said "I want shiplap on the walls." A girl after my own heart!  Brian bought the wood, and did all the work himself.  Between working fulltime, and a part time job, it took him about 4 weeks to finish it completely.


I love how it turned out.  And honestly, i'm kind of jealous of her space up there!  ha!



The bed is my favorite.  My dad has had it for many many years, and a couple of years ago I asked if I could have it for Emma.  It would be Emma's great great great grandmothers bed.  When they came to the United States from Norway, she brought it with her.  We did some math and we think it is about 180 years old.  She chose the paint color for it, which is a coral color. 


The door that goes into that other room is another bedroom.  Emma had her room in there for a while, and then decided she would rather have this room.  So now we are in the process of doing that room over for Alyx.  The girls had been sharing a room downstairs up until now.  As soon as we finish Alyx's room, i'll share that.

Emma loves her space.  I'm thankful that I have a hubby that is handy and can take on projects like this =)  I hope you all had a great weekend.  Be sure to link up below!!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

No comments