hello...Monday

Well hello!  And happy MONDAY!  It's been a hot minute over here since I last blogged.  I have absolutely no excuse as to why other than we have been enjoying summer to it's fullest.  We have traveled to SO many softball tournaments this summer.  Thankfully none of them were too far away.  Emma and her team have done extremely well, and i'll post about all that soon.  We still have a month left before school begins, and lots more summer plans.  If you have a post up today, be sure to linkup with myself, Heather, Tanya and Lindsay!

We had the best few days around here.  Brian and I were off for 3 entire days together.  That's a rarity for us.  Friday we took the girls to the Coast of Maine for the day.  There is nothing better than the ocean air.

We stopped first in Southwest Harbor for lunch.  We had never been to this restaurant before, but it was right next to the US Coast Guard Station.


We ate at this cute lobster pound, Beals Lobster Pier.  



We all had lobster rolls.  Well except Alyx because #picky.  She had french fries.  They had a kids chicken nugget basket, but she just wanted fries, and I wasn't going to argue with her! ha!


They were delicious.  We had ours with just butter melted on them.  Usually most places you go lather the lobster in mayo, but that totally takes away from the taste of the lobster.




After lunch we went to our favorite place to find shells and seaglass, Seawall.
When we got there it was high tide, but it was slowly going out.  So we weren't able to look for any shells.






We wanted to hit up the local shops downtown after.  Emma was looking for a shell necklace and I couldn't believe we didn't find one.



The downtown is picturesque.  Build me a house here and i'd be happy.  Well except in the winter, I would most likely be miserable living on the Maine coast in the winter. Haha =)

Friday evening Emma had a friend stay the night and then we were up early Saturday morning to head to camp for the day.
The kids spent literally all day long in the lake.  Here is a ton of pictures from the day.
















It was a great day to be at the lake.  And we can't wait to go again!  
I hope you all had a great weekend!  Be sure to link up below =)


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

No comments