hello...Monday

Happy Monday, Friends!  I hope you all had a great couple of weeks.  Today I am going to recap our 4th of July.  I hope you will grab our graphic and join myself, Heather, Tanya and Lindsay =)


We had the best 4th of July this year!  We decided to do things a bit different than we have in years past.  We've always gone to my parents house for a cookout, but we changed it up and went to camp for the day instead.  We had a really nice relaxing day.

It's a long drive there, and it's all dirt roads.  We saw this cool turtle along side the road and I made Brian stop so I could take a picture =)



Alyx rode out with my inlaws.


The mosquito's were SO bad when we first got there.  We have to walk down into the woods to get to the camp and I literally thought I was going to get carried away by the bugs.  Brian reassured me though that once we got out of the wooded area the bugs would be gone.  And he was right thankfully!!

The girls couldn't wait to get into the lake and go swimming.  We took our younger dog, Mookie with us and she ran right into the water as well.


She is such a water dog.  Our older dog doesn't care for the water as much as she does.





We had a quick lunch of red hot dogs and chips, and then it was right back out on the water.  We all went kayaking and it was so much fun.











We had a blast paddling around the lake.  I still love this cup that Heather made for me last summer =)


We headed back home shortly after 3:00.  Both girls were sound asleep by the time we were off our camp road. 

That evening we went to the fireworks.  


Emma had a friend come with us, and Alyx had so much fun with them.



The fireworks were so good this year.  They lasted almost an hour, and were continuous.  










We had such a fun day!  I hope you all did as well.  Don't forget to link up below =)

Happy Monday!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

No comments